Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hoping to share

Hello. I am new to this community and although I am very nervous I am also very hopeful to have found it. I am working with a therapist after battling almost a decade of untreated depression that was sparked by an abusive relationship that began when I was 16. I suppressed my memories and feelings about this for the past 6 years that I have been free of the relationship. It is terrifying to me to even think about speaking of it, but my therapist and I both believe it will help me heal to be able to do so.  Thank you for listening and I hope to be able to share my story soon. Even sharing this feels like a huge relief. 

1 hour ago, SassyCass917 said:

Hello. I am new to this community and although I am very nervous I am also very hopeful to have found it. I am working with a therapist after battling almost a decade of untreated depression that was sparked by an abusive relationship that began when I was 16. I suppressed my memories and feelings about this for the past 6 years that I have been free of the relationship. It is terrifying to me to even think about speaking of it, but my therapist and I both believe it will help me heal to be able to do so.  Thank you for listening and I hope to be able to share my story soon. Even sharing this feels like a huge relief. 

Welcome to AS! I’m truly sorry for the trauma you’ve endured.  You’ve found a supportive place here and there is no judgement.  Glad to hear that you are seeing someone.  Took a lot of courage to come here.  You will find support here and you will find your not alone.  Take your time and look around say as much or as little as you like. Best wishes on your healing journey. 

PB

Welcome, @SassyCass917 and welcome to AS!  I'm so glad to hear you feel a little bit better after introducing yourself here.  We are a good place filled with even better people and I hope being here continues to bring you peace. :)

Take care, looking forward to getting to know you.

Capulet

Hi SassyCass,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma that you have experienced, but you will find tons of support here on AS. You are not alone. I am glad you have found us. Take your time and look around. I wish you the best on this healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

Welcome to AS!

I’m truly sorry you were in an abusive relationship at such a vulnerable age. I am glad you have found a therapist to work with and we are here to support you as well .:notalone:

Hi @SassyCass917 welcome to AS. Sorry you have been in an abusive relationship, but glad you made it through and are in a healing phase. You have found a safe supportive place to share and learn from others. My therapist sent me here when I finally told her why I was talking to her, it was really scary joining but totally was worth it. Be proud of your bravery in joining and posting.

One