Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Just starting my journey

Hello,  I'm so thankful to have found this community.  I hope that by being a part of this, I can start to deal with the things that happened to me.  I haven't been ready for a few years now.  I hope that I can start to understand and to make sense of my feelings now.  Thank you all for being here and for listening.

Hi SwanDiver,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry you have reason to be here, but do know that you have found a very supportive site. You will find our members understanding and kind. I am glad you have found yourself ready to reach out. Do not underestimate this step, because it is a huge step. I wish you the best as you continue forward on this journey of healing.

Mary

:youcanheal: 

2 hours ago, SwanDiver said:

Hello,  I'm so thankful to have found this community.  I hope that by being a part of this, I can start to deal with the things that happened to me.  I haven't been ready for a few years now.  I hope that I can start to understand and to make sense of my feelings now.  Thank you all for being here and for listening.

Welcome to AS! I’m sorry for the reasons that brought you here.  You’ve found a supportive place here and we will listen.  Take your time and look around.  Say as much or as little as you like there is no judgement here.  Best wishes on your healing journey. 

PB

Hi, @SwanDiver, welcome to AS!

So sorry for the circumstances that have brought you here; no one should ever feel that kind of pain, but unfortunately there are so, so many kind, lovely folks here who share in a common emotional burden.  

Take gentle care and I hope you find the support you seek. :)

Capulet

Hi and welcome to AS!

It can take time to feel ready for that next step and I’m glad you found us now that you are. I hope being here will help you make sense of what happened, and I’m sorry for what you’ve endured. 

:notalone:

Hi @SwanDiver, welcome to AS. I'm sorry you have reason to be here though. Your not alone in taking time to start processing your trauma, I took years before I realized I couldn't deal with mine alone. You have found a safe supportive site full of kind and caring people. Please take your time share at a pace that's right for you. Can't wait to see you around the boards.

One

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome.  I'm still trying to figure out how all this works and whatnot.  I'm not really too good at sharing myself with others, so I'm sure I'll be a work in progress for awhile.  Thank you again.

On 22/05/2018 at 10:55 PM, SwanDiver said:

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome.  I'm still trying to figure out how all this works and whatnot.  I'm not really too good at sharing myself with others, so I'm sure I'll be a work in progress for awhile.  Thank you again.

Hi SD, welcome to AS. There is no pressure to share anything just take your time looking over the site. If you have any questions feel free to ask, we are here to help you.

Patricia