Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello everyone - New to forum/support group

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say hello. I don't know if I'm ready to share what happened to me (in correct area of course), but I hope this forum will help me to confront what happened. I also feel like this is a sort of support group, which is good for those of us who suffer from anxiety or similar, and have trouble talking about these things. Thanks for reading!

Welcome!  It is a supportive place, and you can share whatever you want whenever you want.  I know it can be a big step sometimes to just be here, so again, Welcome!

1 hour ago, 1Stormcloud said:

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say hello. I don't know if I'm ready to share what happened to me (in correct area of course), but I hope this forum will help me to confront what happened. I also feel like this is a sort of support group, which is good for those of us who suffer from anxiety or similar, and have trouble talking about these things. Thanks for reading!

Hi 1 storm welcome to AS.  I am sorry for what brought you here. There is no pressure to share anything. Take your time looking over the site. We are here for you and you are not alone. 

Patricia

Hi 1Stormcloud,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you have experienced, but you have found a very supportive site. You will find our members understanding and kind. You are correct, it's much like a support group. There are many different struggles that we go thru and it is a comfort to know that you will be heard and that you are not alone. There is no rush to say or do anything. Take the site at your own pace. You will eventually find your place and your voice, when you are ready. This was good start to say hello. I do wish you the best on your journey of healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

Hi @1Stormcloud, welcome to AfterSilence.

I think comin' here to a beautiful safe place is an important step for healing. 

Here for u   :wave:

13 hours ago, 1Stormcloud said:

Hello everyone,

Welcome to AS!  I’m sorry for the reason your here for.  Take your time and look around.  You can say as much or as little as you like.  You’ve found a supportive place and everyone is friendly and helpful.  Best wishes on your healing journey. 

PB 

Hello, and welcome to AS! :)  We were all new at one point and this has become a wonderful, safe haven for those who need somewhere to turn.  I hope you find the support you are looking for!

Best wishes,
Capulet

On 5/14/2018 at 9:29 PM, 1Stormcloud said:

Hello everyone,

First off welcome to AS. Seems like a million years ago now I was where you are scared to share what happened. While it is important to share; but, only on your terms, you choose when and how much you share, take your time and do it when it feels ok and right for you. I hope you know this is a safe and supportive place we are here when your ready. Your not alone. Many here have anxiety and more myself included. I am sorry for what brought you too us but I am happy you took a leap of faith and posted in the welcome that took bravery and courage.