Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Greetings & Salutations

Hello all. Just want to say hi and I’m a little glad I found this place. I’ve been going through this for over 26 years and it never seems to get easier. I’ve lost family and friends because of this. 

Anyway, 👋!

Hi Schnitzel welcome to AS.  I am glad you found this site. Sorry for what brought you here. I understand the loss of family.

Take your time looking over the board. We are here for you.

Patricia

:notalone:

Hi Schnitzel,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for what you endured, but you have found a very supportive site. You are not alone. You will find understanding and kindness from our members. I am very glad you found us too. I do wish you the very best as you continue this healing journey with us.

Mary

:supportu: 

17 hours ago, Schnitzel said:

Hello all. Just want to say hi and I’m a little glad I found this place. I’ve been going through this for over 26 years and it never seems to get easier. I’ve lost family and friends because of this. 

Anyway, 👋!

Hi and welcome to AS. It's been many years for me too, but recently has been getting a bit easier, I hope it does for you as well. I'm sorry for all your losses, and wish you the best on your path. :notalone:

Hello @Schnitzel and welcome to AS. Very sorry for the trauma that brought you here and for the loss of family and friends. Youve found a safe and supportive site here full of caring individuals. Your not alone anymore.

One

On April 16, 2018 at 7:28 PM, Schnitzel said:

Anyway, 👋!

Welcome to AS! I'm so sorry for the trauma you've endured and also the loss of family and friends.  You've found a safe place here and people here can relate in their own ways.  You're not alone here.  Best wishes to you on your healing journey.  

PB

Welcome to AS @Schnitzel. I'm sorry to hear you've been going through this for so long. I, too, have lost loved ones because of it. I hope that you can feel that you're truly not alone. :supportu: :aswelcomesu:

Welcome @Schnitzel!  Sorry this is such a long journey for you and I'm guessing that means you have experienced a lot of  pain, and the sadness and pain of your losses.  I hope you find the support you need and that it makes your path a little bit (or a lot!) easier. 

Hi. Schnitzel,

Welcome to AS.  Family and friends don’t understand the aftermath.  They see it as that was then and this is now.  Sometimes I think they would understand if it were  something that happened to them.   It is most unfair as we try to come to terms with the pain we feel inside and the aftermath too.  Their perspective only adds to the pain.   I am sorry for all you have experienced.   I have found this space to be very supportive and have learned a few things along the way.  I hope you find the same as well.