Hey all, Indy Rex here.

I just joined the site and am not really sure where to begin.

I've been struggling with PTSD for about a year now.  And honestly maybe struggling the most with accepting the fact that I am a survivor.  That it's a huge part of who I am, and has been controlling my behavior and emotions for so long. 

But I don't want it to. 

I want to be in control. 

I want to have a safe space where I can be open about what I've been through and feel accepted.  Which is what I hope to find here -- others who feel what I feel.  Others who understand me.

Hi @Indyrex welcome to After Silence! 

I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling a lot. PTSD can be very difficult to deal with. This forum has been my safe space to share, receive support and give support for many years. It's not judgmental and people here are kind and caring. It's a nice community where you don't have to constantly explain yourself. :aswelcomesu: :notalone::supportu:

Posted (edited)

Thank you for your kind words @fallenstar

I appreciate you :)

Edited by Indyrex

Hi Indy welcome to AS. I am glad you found this site. You will find this to be a safe place. Many of us feel we have lost control but it's possible to have it back.

:notalone:

Patricia

Hi Indyrex,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you have experienced, but you have found a very supportive site. Take your time and look around. It's a big step to reach out and I wish you the best as you make more steps down this journey of healing.

Mary

:supportu: 

Hello @Indyrex

Welcome to AS! I’m sorry for the trauma you’ve experienced. Just know you’ve found a very safe place here.  Take your time look around the forums and say as much or as little as you like.  Just know you’re not alone here.  Best wishes on your healing journey. 

PB

Posted (edited)

Welcome to AS @Indyrex, the AS community is non judgemental, supportive and understanding. I hope you can feel safe here and post/reach out when you feel comfortable and ready. Wishing you all the best on your healing journey. 

Edited by Kmkz

Thank you all  :wub: It's kind of overwhelming (in a good way) finally finding a place where people can relate to what I'm going through.

Hi Indyrex, and welcome to AS!  I hope being here brings you peace and comfort!  I hope you'll find this is a very supportive place to be; many of us are in the same boat and the outpouring of support can be exactly what someone needs in order to proceed on their healing journey.  

Take good care,
Capulet

Hi IndyRex!

Welcome to AS. Sorry for what you have been through that brought you here. Your not alone. Sending support and Streangth your way.

One

Thank you @Capulet & @Oneinamillion

I'm starting to feel it more and more in myself, but I think other survivors are some of the strongest and powerful humans I know :)