Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New to the forum. Reported my rape last year and not sure where to go from here.

Greetings. I'm new to the forum. Hoping to find closure after suppressing my feelings of anger and denial for some years. Living in hope that that day will come! 

Edited by OkottaPhoenix
9 minutes ago, OkottaPhoenix said:

Greetings. I'm new to the forum. Hoping to find closure after suppressing my feelings of anger and denial for some years. Living in hope that that day will come! 

Safe hugs :hug: if ok?

welcome to as okotta , sorry you went through that.

2 minutes ago, Free2Fly said:

Safe hugs :hug: if ok?

welcome to as okotta , sorry you went through that.

Thank you Free2Fly, safe hugs are welcome! 😊 

23 minutes ago, OkottaPhoenix said:

Thank you Free2Fly, safe hugs are welcome! 😊 

Your welcome Okotta 😊.

as of where to go from here... well maybe work on gaining the power to feel good in yourself maybe learn a new hobby or something.

either way there's loads of supportive people here.

I started going to Krav Maga sessions in May last year. New hobby, AND I can deliver lethal kicks! 😇 Writing as well, it helps make some sense out of a dire situation. I'mma take that power back!! 

13 hours ago, OkottaPhoenix said:

Hi Okotta,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry for the trauma that you've endured, but do know that you have found a very supportive site with many understanding and kind members. Suppressing isn't new to many of us, just one of the many struggles was face and try to overcome. t takes courage to reach out and  wish you the very best on this healing journey.

Mary

:supportu: 

14 hours ago, OkottaPhoenix said:

Welcome to AS! Sorry for the trauma that brought you to the forum. Lots of kind caring and support people here that can relate, we've all been through something. Myself I suppressed as much as I could for about a decade. I'm told there is closure and healing from these things and I can only hope it comes soon. Your not alone here.

Something I love about AS is the freedoms we have here. Your free to share as much or as little as you want. Your free to be silent and look around or become one of our very active members. Your free to log in infrequently or as often as you like. 

You may not see it but I see a very brave person making strides joining or forum and making your first post is not easy. Can't wait to see you around.

One

Hello and Welcome to AS,

I hope you will find the closure you’re seeking. I’m no stranger to suppression and denial either, so please know you’re not alone, and there are many here who will listen and validate your feelings . 

Hi okattaphoenix

youll rise again martial arts are a good disciplined way to kickass and channel anger as well as feel accomplishment- this helped me a lot ten years ago when the abuse started and I could not bring myself to leave. Only you really know what’s best for you with help from counsellor I think. Personally I’m  learning not everything is transferable from one person to another  you know? But all kindness is good so I take the thought behind advice as kindness and filter. One of my friends said I should never let my children see I am in pain. This just added to my feelings of failure and at that point I was too raw to fully control. My healing journey is thrown by ongoing court dates in family court as the perpetrator seeks to regain access to the children. It’s good to see you here. 

Welcome to AS!  You’ve found a safe place here.   You will find everyone here is friendly and can relate in there own way.  Wishing you the best on your healing journey.  

PB 

Thank you all for your supportive messages. 😊 It helps to know I'm not alone anymore. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/04/2018 at 9:07 AM, DakotaSun said:

Hi okattaphoenix

youll rise again martial arts are a good disciplined way to kickass and channel anger as well as feel accomplishment- this helped me a lot ten years ago when the abuse started and I could not bring myself to leave. Only you really know what’s best for you with help from counsellor I think. Personally I’m  learning not everything is transferable from one person to another  you know? But all kindness is good so I take the thought behind advice as kindness and filter. One of my friends said I should never let my children see I am in pain. This just added to my feelings of failure and at that point I was too raw to fully control. My healing journey is thrown by ongoing court dates in family court as the perpetrator seeks to regain access to the children. It’s good to see you here. 

Good luck with the court dates @DakotaSun. I wish you well with your healing journey. 😊

Hi there and welcome @OkottaPhoenix to AS, I also reported mine and going to trial soon, it takes so long to reach this stage. nearly three years since reporting. and so many others deserve there day in court which is often denied to them . This is a very supportive site and a godsend when times are really tough.:throb::) You are definitley not alone !

On 09/05/2018 at 10:45 AM, oceonwaves said:

Hi there and welcome @OkottaPhoenix to AS, I also reported mine and going to trial soon, it takes so long to reach this stage. nearly three years since reporting. and so many others deserve there day in court which is often denied to them . This is a very supportive site and a godsend when times are really tough.:throb::) You are definitley not alone !

Greetings, @oceonwaves. I hope all goes well with your trial and you get the outcome you're hoping for. Unfortunately, my case was closed after the perpetrator gave a "no comment" interview.