Hi!

I don't really know what to say here. So I guess I'll just say I'm 16 and a survival or sa and r for three years (from 12-15) and assault about a month and a half ago. My parents just found out about all of it on the day of the assault, and life has been a huge roller-coaster since then, which led me here. So, I'm glad to have found a safe place where I can share my story and receive support and give support to others!

<3

Hi BlackTulip,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the traumas you endured, but do know that you have found a very supportive site. Our members are understanding and kind. It takes courage to reach out, so I do acknowledge you for that. Do take your time and look around and be assured that you will soon be comfortable interacting with others. I wish you the very best as you start on your journey of healing.

Mary

:aswelcomesu:

Hi Black Tulip,

welcome to AS! I’m sorry you’ve had such a difficult few years and im not surprised it feels like a rollercoaster right now . I’m glad you found us, this is a really safe place and there are many people who will understand what it’s like, hear you, believe you and support you. 

:notalone:

Hello and welcome to AS @BlackTulip. I'm sorry about what you went through. I am glad you found us! I hope you have support IRL as well. I look forward to seeing you around, and wish you all the best. :)

Hi welcome to AS 

AS is a safe place. 

No one will pressure 

Or look down at others' sensitivities 

You are welcome here😉

On 4/3/2018 at 6:53 PM, BlackTulip said:

Hi!

I don't really know what to say here. So I guess I'll just say I'm 16 and a survival or sa and r for three years (from 12-15) and assault about a month and a half ago. My parents just found out about all of it on the day of the assault, and life has been a huge roller-coaster since then, which led me here. So, I'm glad to have found a safe place where I can share my story and receive support and give support to others!

<3

Hello and welcome to AS. I am incredibly sorry that you have been through these things that brought you here, but I'm glad that you are talking about them. Its brave of you to write your first post courageous even, I hope you can see that. Its hard to talk about these things; (even for adults) but, its all part of the healing process.  I agree with you this process is sort of like a rollercoaster. This site has become like a family to many of us because the members are so supportive, and while I hope you have support irl I know you'll find it here too. My favorite thing about AS is the freedom of what we can share, we are under no pressure to share anything and that no one is here to judge you everyone's been through some kind of trauma first hand or witnessed someone they cared about go through the healing process. By now I'm sure you've seen we have different sections for different kinds of things and your free to just read or share with us on whatever level your at. 

When I came to AS almost a year and a half ago I was scared didn't think I belonged, I only joined cause my T told me I should multiple times. I didn't want to share anything yet I rushed myself to share everything in hopes if I got it out id be fully healed, it wasn't what I had hoped for but it was helpful for me. People here let me talk about what I had been through stuff I'd held in for years that I had only just recently revealed to a T because I was having bad nightmares panic attacks and bad bought of depression, it took years for me to get help. I just wanted to tell you that I'm proud of you that your here making the choice to get support and help. 

One