flowers74

Returning After Being Away

Hi again. I was a regular poster on this forum about 9 years ago, but stopped for some reason, shoving all my memories away and even forgetting about this forum.  Recently, I separated from my husband after years of worsening abuse and memories coming back full force.  

Hi Flower welcome back to AS. I am sorry things got worse for you but glad you found your way back here.:notalone:

Patricia

Welcome back!  Sorry things have been so rough for you.

I recently returned too, with new memories surfaced.

Posted (edited)

Welcome back, Flowers. It sounds like part of your abuse has come from family members you should be able to trust and I can relate to that even if only in general. I tried to run and suppress my memories for years. This can all be so overwhelming. It may thus help perhaps for awhile to not make things even more intense. The complication comes in that it does not allow the opportunity to move ahead. Change is not an easy thing. My hope is that the recent changes end up being positive ones within your life. Please know that some of the worst comes months and years after the actual abuse and that you're definitely not alone.

:luck:

Edited by Ian37

Welcome back @flowers74 I'm sorry for what brought you back, though I'm glad you found us (again). :aswelcomesu: :supportu:

Hi @flowers74,

I'm glad you found us again, I hope you will find it helpful to be in a supportive community once more, although it is never easy when all the memories surface again.  I'm sorry for the reasons you find yourself here, but you are not alone.

Welcome Back flowers,

I am sorry that you needed to return, but the site still has very supportive, understanding and kind members. I am glad you remembered us and are reaching out again. I wish you the very best as you continue on this journey of healing.

Mary

:supportu: 

Welcome back Flowers, sorry things got worse.

Thank you to everyone for your supportive words.  I've had a very rough week, but I will probably post about that in another topic.  

:(

Hi. Welcome.  I'm also returNing from several years away.  I'm glad you're on the journey to healing.