Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi I’m new, ramble, and friendless

Hi....

I’m very new here. I just found this site on Sunday because I was really struggling to find a community where I can talk to people who also understand what it’s like to go through trauma. I’m currently living in a country where I can’t speak much of the language so all the resources for victims basically can’t be of use to me.

My incident happened 2 years ago but it still impacts me on so many levels today and I guess I just reached out to this community because I need to know these emotions I feel... mostly mood swings these days, aren’t abnormal. I seriously don’t have any friends anymore so this process has gotten harder to deal with.

Anyway, I think this was a terrible introduction but I just want to thank those responsible for approving me for taking the time to do so. 

1 hour ago, Heymehey said:

Hi....

I’m very new here. I just found this site on Sunday because I was really struggling to find a community where I can talk to people who also understand what it’s like to go through trauma. I’m currently living in a country where I can’t speak much of the language so all the resources for victims basically can’t be of use to me.

My incident happened 2 years ago but it still impacts me on so many levels today and I guess I just reached out to this community because I need to know these emotions I feel... mostly mood swings these days, aren’t abnormal. I seriously don’t have any friends anymore so this process has gotten harder to deal with.

Anyway, I think this was a terrible introduction but I just want to thank those responsible for approving me for taking the time to do so. 

Welcome to AS!  I’m sorry for the trauma you’ve experienced.  You’ve found a supportive site and there is no judgement here.  Many people can relate in there own ways.  Take your time and say as much or as little as you like.  Look around the forums.  Sending you support and best wishes on your healing journey. 

PB

Welcome to:aswelcomesu:, I think it is part of the course of this kind of trauma  is to loose friends, they do not understand and can say hurtful things. Same is true for me it will be 3 years in september and I have alienated friends, but found AS  very helpful. I hope you have a healing journey and  I do not think it was a terrible introduction at all.:)

20 hours ago, Heymehey said:

Hi....

Hi Heymehey,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you endured two years ago and your struggles, not only with the aftermath, but with finding help where you are, as well. The members here tho, are very understanding and kind. You are not alone. Do know what happened to you was not normal, nobody has the right to hurt another, but your reactions are normal for the situation. We all wish that we healing was faster and easier, but the truth is that it takes time and patience. Also a bit of support goes a long way. I wish you well on this journey of healing.

Mary

:notalone:

Welcome to AS @Heymehey I am sorry to hear that your assault was recent and that you don't have accessible resources. I wish you did have places to go to seek help for this. You are in the right place to gain some understanding of emotions and reactions to trauma. I also struggle with friendships because of this. I have made some good friends and have some great conversations here :) it helps to know you're not alone in dealing with this. Wishing you the best!

Edited by fallenstar
Typo
  • 2 weeks later...

I’m new too. You write beautifully and friendship will return to you. I lost friends but also found people on the fringes of my life became central in unexpected ways. Pleased to find you and everyone here as I feel self conscious, unworthy and confused about how life brought me to this point. I’m finding my memory has huge protective blanks it’s disoriented me.