Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

My heart is in pain

Hello to all, im here becuase I was abuse as a child and I think I block that, but after many year one of my daughters was attacked by 5 men and this has open so many wound in my soul and I feel broken and destroy about what happen to my daughter. I want to learn how others recover from this and have some hope from this place.

Hi Leahkana,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for what you went thru. The mind is a complicated thing and sometimes tries to protect us. I am sorry for what happened to your daughter, as that must be an unbearable knowledge to hold. You have found a very supportive site tho, with many kind and understanding members. You are not alone. I wish you the best as you begin this healing journey.

Mary

:notalone: 

I am so very sorry for what happened to you and to your daughter. It's not fair or right. I am so sorry you are hurting. You are not alone, and neither is your daughter. We all know how it hurts and will be here to offer you support and the hope you seek. 

May I ask if you have any resources available to you where you are, such as a crisis center? I will tell you for myself that seeing a counselor/therapist has been a lifeline. Is that a possibility for you and your daughter?

Supporting you!

Amy

Hi, Welcome to AS!

i'm so sorry about what happened to you and your daughter.

You've gone through years and years of silence

and now suddenly all this comes pouring back on to you.

Is it overwhelming?

This might be the beginning of a hard journey for you and your daughter

But no matter what we are here for each other.

Welcome Leahkana... Faith is what helped me.  And support from other people.  I blocked my assault as well.  I was aided to remember very gently.  A therapist might help but it takes time to find the right one and that's hard.  You have support here.  I felt the pain in your telling of your daughter.  I'm so sorry.  With you in heart and prayers - POM

Welcome to AS @Leahkana, I am so sorry about what happened to you as a child and to your daughter :( What really seems to help is to not feel alone with this and to have a safe place to share and support and receive support. This site has been amazing in helping me along, as well as many other survivors. I wish that for you. We're here for you! Never forget, :notalone:

Welcome, Leahkana. I am so, so sorry for what both you and your daughter have went through. As others have said, you have support here. I can say for myself that joining here has helped knowing I have this place if I need it. We're all here for you!