Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hey, I'm New

I'm a recent (yesterday was the one month mark) survivor of sa and r.

I don't have a lot of people to talk to, who have gone through the same thing, so I'm relieved that I found this place. That said, I'm disheartened that so many can relate. 

At least we have each other, right?

hi @mountainlion75 and welcome to AS. I'm sorry to hear you were assaulted recently :( I hear you, many of us don't have people to talk to about this and I am very glad you found us! You're right, we do have each other. This site has been so instrumental in my personal healing and I hope it will be for you, too. :notalone:  :supportu:

hello and welcome mountainlion75 Im sorry to hear that is was so recent.  Im glad you found the site so you can have people who understand and that you can talk to about things to.    AS has been very beneficial to me since I have joined there is alot of great supportive  people that are willing to help in any way they can.  Im here for you and you are not alone.  I hope you are able to find the support you need through the site best wishes  

3 hours ago, fallenstar said:

hi @mountainlion75 and welcome to AS. I'm sorry to hear you were assaulted recently :( I hear you, many of us don't have people to talk to about this and I am very glad you found us! You're right, we do have each other. This site has been so instrumental in my personal healing and I hope it will be for you, too. :notalone:  :supportu:

2 hours ago, Beamcam said:

hello and welcome mountainlion75 Im sorry to hear that is was so recent.  Im glad you found the site so you can have people who understand and that you can talk to about things to.    AS has been very beneficial to me since I have joined there is alot of great supportive  people that are willing to help in any way they can.  Im here for you and you are not alone.  I hope you are able to find the support you need through the site best wishes  

You guys are so kind to welcome me so. This place is a good place, I can already tell.

I might not post as much, right now, but I'm glad I'm here.

when you are ready dont push yourself to hard it takes time to build up the trust to complete strangers     I myself go through periods where I post alot then dont post nothing at all 

it is all on how much you feel comfortable posting and how much and when you decide no one elses  decision and dont feel bad if you dont 

10 minutes ago, Beamcam said:

when you are ready dont push yourself to hard it takes time to build up the trust to complete strangers     I myself go through periods where I post alot then dont post nothing at all 

it is all on how much you feel comfortable posting and how much and when you decide no one elses  decision and dont feel bad if you dont 

Thank you, Beamcam :hug:It's weird. Its like I don't know what to say, or if I even should. Like my brain's telling me "No one cares", or something.

Did that ever happen to you?

Hi mountainlion,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for what you endured so recently, but do know you have found a very supportive site. It is sad that so many of us understand trauma and struggle in its aftermath, but it is also nice that we have each other. Take your time to look around and interact when you feel comfortable. You will never be judged or pressured. Everything you feel is normal for very unnormal circumstances. You are not alone. It takes great courage to reach out, so do not underestimate that. I wish you the best as you begin this healing journey.

Mary

:notalone: 

Yes mountainlion it has happened to me on many of occasions it still happens  all I can say is follow your gut its usually never wrong it has happened even just recently

30 minutes ago, MeBeMary said:

Hi mountainlion,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for what you endured so recently, but do know you have found a very supportive site. It is sad that so many of us understand trauma and struggle in its aftermath, but it is also nice that we have each other. Take your time to look around and interact when you feel comfortable. You will never be judged or pressured. Everything you feel is normal for very unnormal circumstances. You are not alone. It takes great courage to reach out, so do not underestimate that. I wish you the best as you begin this healing journey.

Mary

:notalone: 

Thank you, MeBeMary, for your supportive words. I hope I don't seem rude with a short response, I just don't know what to say. But thank you, again! You are very sweet :hug:

Edited by mountainlion75
25 minutes ago, Beamcam said:

Yes mountainlion it has happened to me on many of occasions it still happens  all I can say is follow your gut its usually never wrong it has happened even just recently

I'm gonna try and do that, and just ignore my brain :hug:

I will say that when I first came to the site was the hardest to talk about anything it took me some time    my inbox is always open to you if you need to talk   keep in mind you are not alone

3 hours ago, Beamcam said:

I will say that when I first came to the site was the hardest to talk about anything it took me some time    my inbox is always open to you if you need to talk   keep in mind you are not alone

Thank you so much. I'll keep that in mind. And mine is always open, as well. :hug:

1 hour ago, patriciag said:

Welcome to AS.  It is hard to see so many can understand and know the feelings. You will find this a safe place.

Patricia 

I already feel so welcome by you all, and I am so thankful. 

Bless you all

15 hours ago, mountainlion75 said:

I don't have a lot of people to talk to, who have gone through the same thing, so I'm relieved that I found this place. That said, I'm disheartened that so many can relate. 

Welcome to AS!  I’m truly sorry for what you’ve endured.  Sending you support and you’re not alone here.   Best wishes on your healing journey.  

PB 

15 minutes ago, Painnbroken said:

Welcome to AS!  I’m truly sorry for what you’ve endured.  Sending you support and you’re not alone here.   Best wishes on your healing journey.  

PB 

Thank you, PB. Same to you, as well :hug:

22 hours ago, mountainlion75 said:

Welcome to AS. I am sorry to hear of your recent trauma, I understand that over whelmed thought that all these people here have been through simalar trauma. Glad your seeking out help early, and am impressed by the bravery that you showed by joining and posting here. Nothing can make what happened right but together we can help oneanother with support.

One

43 minutes ago, Oneinamillion said:

Welcome to AS. I am sorry to hear of your recent trauma, I understand that over whelmed thought that all these people here have been through simalar trauma. Glad your seeking out help early, and am impressed by the bravery that you showed by joining and posting here. Nothing can make what happened right but together we can help oneanother with support.

One

Thank you so much for your kind words :hug: