Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Looking for a place to tell my story

Hi, I'm cirrus. I'm 19 and identify as nonbinary. It's coming up on one year since everything happened. I'm looking for a place to tell my story and hopefully find others with similar experiences.

Since I'm making this post anyway, I have a quick question: where would be the appropriate forum to post my story? It could be very triggering and I wouldn't want to upset anyone. 

@cirrus welcome. I'm sure one of the mods will also reply to this post. As far as telling your story - there is a My Story section that opens after you've posted or responded at least 10 times. I'm fairly new here too so that section opened for me within the past month or so. I've spent some time here looking around and just getting myself acquainted with where things are for a while first before posting my story. There are lots of threads available for a lot of other things before the My Story opens up.

Also, as you've already seen above if your story is triggering then be sure to tag it with tw or trigger warning so folks know to take care when clicking!

Hi Cirrus, welcome to AS. I am sorry to what happened to you a year ago. You will find lots of support team here at AS and many who know how you feel.

Yes there is a forum where you can tell your story, it is called Share your story but you need 10 post to enter it. The reason for this is that it's our most protect forum.  Take your time looking over the site. We are here for here.

Patricia

@AKB is correct. 

I just wanted to say welcome and while I am glad you are here, I am very sorry for what happened to cause you to be. 

:loveas:

6 hours ago, cirrus said:

Hi, I'm cirrus. I'm 19 and identify as nonbinary. It's coming up on one year since everything happened. I'm looking for a place to tell my story and hopefully find others with similar experiences.

Since I'm making this post anyway, I have a quick question: where would be the appropriate forum to post my story? It could be very triggering and I wouldn't want to upset anyone. 

Hi cirrus,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you experienced, but you have found a very supportive site with many kind and understanding members. Reaching out takes courage and is a big step. I wish you many more forwards steps on your journey of healing.

Mary

:supportu: 

Thanks everyone for your kind words and assistance. :)

I'll spend some time getting more well-acquainted with the site then, I suppose. I'm glad everything is so protected here.

Thank you silentg for stopping in to say that :) I have a long way to go but I'm getting there. If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask!

I did get to put my post up over in Share Your Story, too, if anyone is curious.

Welcome to AS. Sorry for the trauma that brought you here. It was brave to find us join and post. I see others have already told you about the share my story section, so I won't again. Supporting you.

One