Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New to the site

Hey y'all, I'm Ashley and new to the site! Hoping this will help me deal with all the pent up anger and frustration. Or just somewhere to vent since no one in my life seems to understand why I'm not "over" it already! 

Hi, welcome to AS! 

Many of us struggle with the non-understanding of people. You've come to a place where guys understand and care. 

:wave:

Hi Ashley,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you have endured, but you have found a very supportive site with many kind and understanding members. I understand your frustration on others who just don't get it. We do not choose not to get over it. It takes work, patience, and time. Many are just don't understand this. You are welcome to vent on this site as much as you need to. You will never be judged or pressured to defend your right to do so. You are not alone. I wish you the best on this healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

Hello, Ashley, welcome to AS!  You are not alone here; we all understand the day-to-day struggles and we will support you through yours. :)

I hope being here brings you comfort!

Best wishes,
Capulet

2 hours ago, ANMcFadden said:

Hey y'all, I'm Ashley and new to the site! Hoping this will help me deal with all the pent up anger and frustration. Or just somewhere to vent since no one in my life seems to understand why I'm not "over" it already! 

Welcome to AS Ashley. Truely sorry for the trauma that brought you here. Its hard to feel like people are rushing you to be "over it" many don't know that it can take years to face it and even more to heal from it. Some good news here is that everything is up to you, how much you share, what you share even where you share its all your choice. The other good news is we've all expierenced something simalar hence why we are here we can all relate and/or emphasize on some level and everyone is supportive and understanding. Looking forward to seeing more post from you in the future and you should be proud at the steps your taking to over come the anger and frustration talking about them is huge.

Welcome to AS Ashley! We understand and you're not alone. You are free to vent here. This board is non-judgmental and very supportive. I hope being here is helpful to you :)