Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi there!

Hello my name is Samantha, I have been struggling with something that has happened to me for the past 2 years. I have only told very few people and feel like talking helps but its really hard especially talking to people who dont understand. Im very excited to have somewhere that i can be honest and understood.

Hi @Samantha21, and welcome to AS!

I'm sorry you have been struggling for two years, and we understand how difficult it can be to open up to people who don't understand. I'm glad you found our supportive community and I hope it will help you feel less alone.

:aswelcomesu:

22 minutes ago, Samantha21 said:

Hello my name is Samantha, I have been struggling with something that has happened to me for the past 2 years. I have only told very few people and feel like talking helps but its really hard especially talking to people who dont understand. Im very excited to have somewhere that i can be honest and understood.

Hello Samantha,

welcome to AS!  I’m sorry you’ve been struggling with the trauma you’ve endured.  Very hard to deal with something for so long and not have proper support and understanding.  Very brave of you to join AS.  Please know that many can relate in their own ways and understand.  You’re not alone here and you have support.  Please take your time and look around the forums.  Say as much or as little as you like.  Wishing you the best on your healing journey.  

Sincerely, 

PB

Hi Samantha,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you experienced and have been struggling with the last two years, but you have found a very supportive site with many understanding and kind members. You are not alone. It is a big step to reach out and I wish you many more forward steps on this healing path.

Mary

:notalone:

Welcome. I am pretty new here as well and so far I am so happy and lucky to have found this site. 

I hope that you will find the support that you need. We are all her with you.

Take your time with sharing. No one will rush you. We all want you to feel safe here. 

You are not alone. 

Hi Samatha and welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma that brought you here. Your not alone many of us keep it to ourselves there are a lot of reasons to not want to talk about it and lots of us here can relate. I'm happy that you found AS and joined but I'm excited that you made such a huge step and made your first post here. Your right it can be very hard to talk about with people who don't understand, it is very important that you choose safe people or people that are very good and supportive going forward. I told someone I thought was a good friend after it had happened to me and was told that it wasn't what I thought it was and that I was fine in the early days of what had happened to me and I didn't talk about it again for a decade which was a mistake. I tell you that to encourage you to find safe people and share if and when your ready. As is a great place to start I would also say if you can find a therapist or a counselor if you can afford it and if available. Remember this is truely something that you need to do on your time in your way don't rush. I hope I'm not over stepping my bounds I am really glad you joined AS.

Hi @Samantha21 welcome to AS. I know what it's like to deal with it on my own for a long time before feeling brave enough to talk about it. Finding this site has been so helpful to me in opening up and being supported and understood. I hope you find the same. :) As @Oneinamillion said, finding a therapist or counselor can help your healing. Wishing you support, and all the best in your healing from the abuse/assault. You are not alone.