Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

maaniii

Hello, I am 16 years old. My experience  happened with I was 15. I am currently going through the healing process. I just told my parents after going down a self-destructive path for far too long. I am ready for this.  

Hi maaniii,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you experienced a year ago. Nobody has that right to hurt another like this. It takes great courage to tell anyone about what you've gone thru. I am glad that you felt you could tell your parents and hope they are giving you the support you deserve. You will receive much support here, at AS, as well. Our members are kind and understanding. Take your time and look around and when your ready to interact, we are here for you. I wish you the very best as you go thru this healing process.

Mary

:youcanheal: 

12 hours ago, maaniii said:

Hello, I am 16 years old. My experience  happened with I was 15. I am currently going through the healing process. I just told my parents after going down a self-destructive path for far too long. I am ready for this.  

Hello maaniii,

Welcome to After Silence!  I am truly sorry for for the trauma you’ve endured.  You’ve found a supportive site here.  You should be proud of taking the steps you are taking, I know it’s not easy.  You’re not alone here.  Take your time and look around.  Say as much or as little as you like.  Wishing you the best on your healing journey.  

PB

Hi maaniii,

Welcome to AS! I am sorry to hear you went through a traumatic experience when you were 15. I am glad you were able to tell your parents and start to heal.  I was also 15 when trauma happened, and it took me many more  years to tell anyone, so I know how brave you are! There are lots of people here who can relate to what you've been through, and will listen and believe and support you. I hope your parents are being supportive too and I wish you the best on your healing path.

On 2/28/2018 at 1:54 AM, maaniii said:

Hi! Welcome to AS! :)

This is a safe place where it's ok to be yourself. 

Welcome to AS @maaniii. I am sorry that you were hurt a year ago. I'm glad you are reaching out, that is brave and strong! I hope you have your family's support through this.  :notalone:

On 2/27/2018 at 5:54 PM, maaniii said:

Hi @maaniii welcome to AS. Sorry for the trauma that brought you here. Healing can be hard and lonely, but your not alone lots of us have been through a self destructive path and are willing to listen or offer guidance. I think your a brave person having just met you, youve joined this group made your first post and told your parents (something I can't do and I am in my early 30s). Here on AS you can expect lots of support listening ears and new friends, I see AS more like a family. Just remember your in control, you control what you share when you share and how much you choose to say is Compleately up to you. Judgement free. Anyways welcome to one brave new member.

I support you 

One