Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello. New here.

Hello folks. I’m Alexander, 32, from Virginia. I am a survivor, but having a lot of trouble thriving as of late. I was directed here by a crisis text line after having a nightmare about past abuse. I would get further into what has happened in the past, as well as my story, but I don’t want to trigger anyone. I’m glad to be here, and hoping to receive the kind of support I’ve been looking for. 

Hi Alexander, and welcome to AS.  I'm sorry for the abuse you have endured, and the nightmares are always so difficult to cope with,  but I'm glad you found our supportive community. It takes a lot of courage to take the step to reaching out anywhere.

You are welcome to share your story or parts of your story  in the 'share your story' section after you've made 10 posts.  It's ok if you are sharing triggering details as long as you add a 'trigger warning' to your post so people are aware.  Please be aware that this particular Welcome section and the blogs, are public and can come up in internet searches,  but the other sections are private.

Please have a look around and feel free to share or post as much or little as you like.

:notalone::aswelcomesu:

22 hours ago, AlexanderH said:

Hello folks. I’m Alexander, 32, from Virginia. I am a survivor, but having a lot of trouble thriving as of late. I was directed here by a crisis text line after having a nightmare about past abuse. I would get further into what has happened in the past, as well as my story, but I don’t want to trigger anyone. I’m glad to be here, and hoping to receive the kind of support I’ve been looking for. 

Hello! I am fairly new here as well. So far I love it here. I never expected to feel so safe here. Everyone here is so kind and supportive. You can share your story when ever you feel comfortable. If you think that your post may trigger someone just put a warning before the post. We want you to feel safe here and we will wait until you feel like you can share. Be Safe!

50 minutes ago, AlexanderH said:

Welcome to After Silence! I am sorry for the trauma you’ve endured.  You’ve found a supportive place here and where people can relate in there own ways.  There is no judgement here as well. Just know you’re not alone in this.  Nightmares can be horrible and leaving you feeling terrified.  I’m so sorry you are dealing with this.  Take gentle care of yourself. Best wishes on your healing journey. 

PB

Thank you all for having me here. Eventually I will post my story. As of now I’m looking for options in terms of therapy, like psychiatrists and what not, as well as a support system of sorts. I feel like I found it here :) thank you all for welcoming me. I’ll post more as soon as I get home from work.

Hi Alexander,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you have endured, but glad that you were referred to our site. You will find tons of support from understanding and kind members. Reaching out is a big step and I wish you many more on this healing journey.

Mary

:aswelcomesu:

Just now, MeBeMary said:

Hi Alexander,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you have endured, but glad that you were referred to our site. You will find tons of support from understanding and kind members. Reaching out is a big step and I wish you many more on this healing journey.

Mary

:aswelcomesu:

Thank you all, silentG, heartofamethyst, Painnbroken, and MeBeMary :)

5 hours ago, AlexanderH said:

Hi.

Welcome to AS. I'm sorry for the trauma you've endured that brought you here. I'm glad the crisis text line pointed you to AS, everyone here has either been through something or is close to someone who has been, so your not alone. With AS you are free to share however much of your story as your comfortable with when it is ok for you to do so, there is also a special section for that called share my story once you have 10 post you'll be able to access that forum and everyone is aware before reading those post that they could trigger so if you feel like going into details thats the place. Looking forward to reading from you and seeing you thrive once again.

One

Welcome to our survivor community @AlexanderH. It sounds like you're taking a good path for seeking help to cope with what you've been through. Wishing you all the best in healing :supportu:

23 hours ago, fallenstar said:

Welcome to our survivor community @AlexanderH. It sounds like you're taking a good path for seeking help to cope with what you've been through. Wishing you all the best in healing :supportu:

Thank you so much @fallenstar. I really appreciate it :)

• 1 month later...

Greetings Alexander, and welcome. 😃  I'm sorry that you've been through so much. There are many lovely supportive people on here so hopefully you'll find the help you need. 

• 3 months later...

Hello. I’m new here as well. I had almost an exact experience. I was directed here by the crisis text line as well. I’m sorry for what you have been through and you are super brave to reach out.