Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I'm new here, so hi

Hey,

I'm new at this site and I don't really know how it all works.
I often feel very alone after what has happened to me, even though I am surrounded by family and friends. I guess I feel like I can't connect with anyone right now.
So it's very nice to be a part of a community with people who can relate, even though the circumstances for us all being here are anything but.

So I just wanted to say hi

Hi NorthernGypsy,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you endured, but do know that you have found a very supportive site. The members here are truly understanding and kind. I understand how difficult it is to connect to others, especially if they have not walked in your shoes. Do know I was the same way when I came to the site, it was all so new and strange. It takes a little time, but you will get use to it. Take time to look around and know there is never pressure or judgment. It takes great courage to reach out. I wish you the best on your journey of healing.

Mary

:notalone:

Hi NorthernGypsy!  Welcome to AS.  

Yep, this is an amazing place.  I hope it is exactly what you've been looking for in order to heal. :)  I've been here for a very long time,  but had a long break in between!  If you need help with anything, feel free to give a shout.  Otherwise, do look around and make yourself comfortable.  AS has a lot to offer.  

Best wishes,
Capulet

Hi @NorthernGypsy

Welcome to AS. Sorry you feel so alone right now. AS is a very welcoming community full of caring and supportive people from all over the planet and from all walks of life. Take your time exploring and getting to know the site. Remember your free to express yourself here, you are the one in control here so share as much or as little as you like in your time.

One

Hi NorthernGypsy,

So sorry for what brought you here and that you feel alone but so glad you reached out. Healing is possible, there is hope. 

You are not alone, we are here for you

On 2/14/2018 at 5:18 PM, Ian37 said:

Northern Gypsy, you have found an amazing resource filled with so many magnificent individuals. Sorry for what has brought you here though. I feel alone so much of the time as well and am just starting to try opening up more about my own self both here and with those closest to me. Please know that you are not alone in general.

Please take your time to get used to the community. There is likely no one right way to jump in. My sincere hope is that you will find some sense of comfort and a little peace within this totally safe space.

:luck:

Welcome to AS! I’m sorry for the trauma you’ve endured just know you’re not alone here.  You’ve found a supportive site and the people here can relate in their own ways.  Look around the forums.  Best wishes on your healing journey. 

PB