Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hey I'm new!

A_long

Hi A Long welcome to AS. I am sorry for what you have gone through to bring you here. Take your time looking over the forum, when I came here I didn't know how it worked but had lots of support.  You are not alone here and we are here for you.

Patricia

Hi @A_long, welcome to AS.  :flowers: 

Don't worry about knowing how to use the site, you can figure things out as you go.  I'd encourage you to start by having a look around and reading some threads that maybe you can relate to.  If you see a 'tw' that means the post could be triggering so you may or may not want to read it depending on how you are feeling. You can reply in support of someone else's post, or you can start your own thread if there is a question you have, something you've been thinking about or feeling that you want to share,  or  to ask for some support. There is a lot going on here,  so please take your time, there is no pressure to share unless you want to and as much or as little as you want.   It often takes a lot of courage just to start out here, but you will find that its' a supportive, validating place and you are not alone in what you are going through.

Welcome @A_long

Sorry for the trauma that brought you here but welcome to AS regardless. We were all new once and had to figure stuff out. Congradulations on you first steps here in joining and posting your first post neither are easy so they are commendable. 

One

On 2/13/2018 at 7:43 AM, A_long said:

Hey, I don't really know how to use this, I'm new, it's nice to finally find somewhere with people who have been in my position.

Hi A_Long,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for what brings you here, but do know that you will find tons of support. Our members are understanding and kind. Take your time looking around and before you know it, you will be very comfortable at how the site works. There is never pressure or judgment to go faster than your ready. I wish you the best on this journey of healing.

Mary

:supportu: 

On 2/13/2018 at 7:43 AM, A_long said:

Hey, I don't really know how to use this, I'm new, it's nice to finally find somewhere with people who have been in my position.

Welcome to AS.  I’m sorry for the trauma you’ve experienced.  You’re not alone here and the people here can relate in their own ways.  Best wishes on your healing journey. 

PB