Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

When will it end

skysky

I was rape by my brother when I was younger. It's been a long time I still have night terrors and I can't watch a movie that has a woman raped in it. Without breaking down. I feel like I will never be ok.

2 hours ago, skysky said:

I was rape by my brother when I was younger. It's been a long time I still have night terrors and I can't watch a movie that has a woman raped in it. Without breaking down. I feel like I will never be ok.

Welcome to AS! I am truly sorry for what your brother did to you when you were younger.  He had no right.  Are you seeing a therapist?  Please know you’ve found a supportive site where there is no judgement.  You’re not alone here.  It’s going to take a lot of time and hard work until you’re okay.   You will have your ups and downs.  Best wishes on your healing journey.  

PB

Hi skysky,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you endured at the hands of your brother. Nobody has this right to hurt another, especially when it is someone you should be able to trust. I'm glad you have found our site and have reached out. You will find our members kind and understanding and will support you as you try to navigate this path in healing. I wish you the best on this journey.

Mary

:notalone:

@skysky Hi. Welcome to AS. You are not alone, we all or most of us have those same feelings. You will get better, in time and with work. There's a lot of frustration, fear with realizations, difficulty trying to gain trust again, seeing life in a better light. It's all very difficult and like I said it takes time. For me I am continuously up and down with my emotions. I'm still trying to find my triggers and knowing my reactions and how to prevent myself from crashing horribly. I hope this is making sense, I am sitting with you. Healing takes time and a sh*t ton of work, but it can be done.

On 2/11/2018 at 3:20 AM, skysky said:

Hi skysky, I'm glad you found AS.  I am sorry for what your brother did, it was so wrong of him to hurt you. It can take a while to heal but you have found a very supportive community here who will listen and understand. :notalone:

Hi skysky,

Welcome! So glad you reached out. You will find many kind understanding souls here who know how to listen. Very good as a support network. 

Im so sorry for what your brother did to you and what youre experiencing. You can heal, it is possible. It may be a long road but there is hope. 

You are not alone..