Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

intro

Hi, I'm new here and really appreciate the supportive place to gather. I posted my story in "Aftermath." It's an odd thing because I've had numerous violations from men, ranging from them exposing themselves to me, a drug-related rape, molest by doctor at age 14, etc. And I think of myself as a pretty strong person, have grieved and moved forward. This latest episode, which went on about six months, has left me feeling incredibly fragile, anxious and depressed. Very surprising to find myself feeling so strongly about what happened. 

Anyway, thanks for reading my post and best wishes to everyone here who is suffering, I wish you all healing and supportive people in your lives. 

Edited by treading water
2 hours ago, treading water said:

Hi, I'm new here and really appreciate the supportive place to gather. I've been cyber-stalked for several months and it appears to be dying down but now the mop-up begins. I posted more details in "Aftermath." It's an odd thing because I've had numerous violations from men, ranging from them exposing themselves to me, a drug-related rape, molest by doctor at age 14, etc. And I think of myself as a pretty strong person, have grieved and moved forward. This latest episode, which went on about six months, has left me feeling incredibly fragile, anxious and depressed. Very surprising to find myself feeling so strongly about what happened online. But reading about it, this is not unusual for people cyber-stalked to have PTSD. 

Anyway, thanks for reading my post and best wishes to everyone here who is suffering, I wish you all healing and supportive people in your lives. 

Welcome to AS! I’m sorry for the traumas you’ve endured.  You’ve found a safe place with supportive people.  Please know you’re not alone.  Wishing you the best on your healing journey. 

PB

Hello @treading water, and welcome to AS!

I am sorry to hear about the cyber stalking, that must have been terrifying. I don't think the fact that it is online makes it any less disturbing, but perhaps its also triggering some older feelings too.  I have always found this community safe and well moderated and I hope you will feel supported here too. :notalone:

7 hours ago, treading water said:

Hi, I'm new here and really appreciate the supportive place to gather. I've been cyber-stalked for several months and it appears to be dying down but now the mop-up begins. I posted more details in "Aftermath." It's an odd thing because I've had numerous violations from men, ranging from them exposing themselves to me, a drug-related rape, molest by doctor at age 14, etc. And I think of myself as a pretty strong person, have grieved and moved forward. This latest episode, which went on about six months, has left me feeling incredibly fragile, anxious and depressed. Very surprising to find myself feeling so strongly about what happened online. But reading about it, this is not unusual for people cyber-stalked to have PTSD. 

Hi treading water,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you have experienced, but you have found a very supportive site. Our members are kind and understanding. I'm sorry you feel fragile, anxious and depressed. This does not make you a weak person, just someone surviving wrongs done to them. I am glad you found us and wish you the best on your healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

Hello and welcome, thank you for telling us a little bit about yourself!  I'm so sorry to hear of the circumstances that have brought you to AS, but hope being here brings you comfort and all of the support you can stand. :)

Be good to yourself!

Cap