Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello Everyone

Hi everybody, 

I was unfortunately a victim of R 6 years ago. I am 37, divorced mom of two. I do take solace in knowing the man is in jail and will be for a long time, but I don't think you can ever totally put it in the past. I do believe I have coped and recovered quite well, although it's taken 6 years to do so. I'm glad I found a site like this because I have never been very open about it. Only two people I have really talked about it in detail to is my sister and therapist. I never really like recovery group type settings in person because I always feel embarrassed. It's comforting knowing there's a forum with some anonymity to it compared to face to face. I hope to find some comfort here and also share advice to help others. 

- K

Hi Kendra,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you experienced 6 years ago. I am happy to know that your abuser got jail time, that truly is a rarity. You are not alone in not finding it easy to discuss with others openly and honestly. There is no judgment here, so I hope you find it easier to speak with others who do understand. I do wish you the best on your continuing journey of healing.

Mary

:supportu:

welcome hope you are able to find the support you need here.  Im sorry for what you have endured.  :aswelcomesu:

Hi Kendra,

Welcome to AS! I know what you mean about needing some anonymity sometimes, and how hard it is to talk about it even though it affects our lives so much. I have found AS to be a very supportive, safe community to listen and share with people who 'get it'  and I hope you will too as you continue to heal. :notalone:

Hello Kendra and welcome to AS!!!

You are not alone...you are among friends, here.  So sorry to hear of the circumstances that have brought you to this site, but am glad you are here and you've introduced yourself...that's a very big step!

Best wishes.
Capulet

Welcome here, Kendra,

Sorry for the circumstances that bring you to this website - you are, indeed, among friends here. You seem like a very strong woman. May AS continue to support you in your healing journey! 

Welcome to AS! I’m sorry for the trauma you’ve endured.  Take your time look around and say as much or as little as you like.   You’ve found a safe supportive place with no judgement.  I’m glad to hear that your abuser is behind bars.  Best wishes on your healing journey. 

PB