Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New

Syulie

Hi everyone,

This is my first time trying one of these, and hoping it helps. It's been 10 years, I've come so far and been to therapy but would really like a space to know I'm not alone and not be judged.

It took me a while to learn that what happened never really goes away, but it makes you stronger each day you carry it. I would like the nightmares to go away though. Any tips?

22 minutes ago, Syulie said:

Hi everyone,

This is my first time trying one of these, and hoping it helps. It's been 10 years, I've come so far and been to therapy but would really like a space to know I'm not alone and not be judged.

It took me a while to learn that what happened never really goes away, but it makes you stronger each day you carry it. I would like the nightmares to go away though. Any tips?

hey welcome to AS :notalone::aswelcomesu:, your not alone and won't be judged here.

6 hours ago, Syulie said:

Hi everyone,

Hi Syulie,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry for what happened 10 years ago, but do know you have found a supportive site. Our members are so understanding and kind, so that place you are looking for...without judgment and a place to not be alone, AS is the place. It does sound that you have come far. The realizations you have made are important ones, difficult for any survivor to accomplish. As for nightmares, I do not know any full-proof way. For myself, I do try to pre-occupy my mind before sleep. Candy Crush is my fallback.  It doesn't guarantee anything, but I feel sometimes it does help. 

I am very happy you found us. I wish you the best on your continuing journey in healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

Hi @Syulie, welcome to AS!

This is a very nonjudgmental space and you are not alone here. I wish I had some tips about nightmares for you, I found they got better after a long time in therapy when I had worked through the issues more. I still have some but not so bad anymore.

• 1 month later...
On 1/26/2018 at 5:52 PM, Struggling88 said:

Hi, Syulie, and welcome!  :wave: For nightmares I take a medication called Prazosin. It didn’t make them completely go away, but it helped a lot. 

Thank you, I'll do some research. I'm trying my best to avoid medication since I'm on so much for other health issues :/

On 1/24/2018 at 7:04 PM, Capulet said:

Welcome to AS!  

You are surrounded by many supportive folks!  I hope that being here brings you comfort!

Best wishes.
Capulet

Thank you!

On 1/24/2018 at 6:52 PM, silentg said:

Hi @Syulie, welcome to AS!

This is a very nonjudgmental space and you are not alone here. I wish I had some tips about nightmares for you, I found they got better after a long time in therapy when I had worked through the issues more. I still have some but not so bad anymore.

Thank you. Ive been to therapy for a little over half a year, it helped for a while but I still get them every now and again and it's like all the energy drains from me for a few days after. Maybe longer

On 1/24/2018 at 9:38 AM, MeBeMary said:

Hi Syulie,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry for what happened 10 years ago, but do know you have found a supportive site. Our members are so understanding and kind, so that place you are looking for...without judgment and a place to not be alone, AS is the place. It does sound that you have come far. The realizations you have made are important ones, difficult for any survivor to accomplish. As for nightmares, I do not know any full-proof way. For myself, I do try to pre-occupy my mind before sleep. Candy Crush is my fallback.  It doesn't guarantee anything, but I feel sometimes it does help. 

I am very happy you found us. I wish you the best on your continuing journey in healing.

Mary

Thank you Mary--im glad I found this site. That's actually a great idea, thank you!! I think I'll try reading in bed and see what happens. Really appreciate it