Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone,

This is my first time trying one of these, and hoping it helps. It's been 10 years, I've come so far and been to therapy but would really like a space to know I'm not alone and not be judged.

It took me a while to learn that what happened never really goes away, but it makes you stronger each day you carry it. I would like the nightmares to go away though. Any tips?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Syulie said:

Hi everyone,

This is my first time trying one of these, and hoping it helps. It's been 10 years, I've come so far and been to therapy but would really like a space to know I'm not alone and not be judged.

It took me a while to learn that what happened never really goes away, but it makes you stronger each day you carry it. I would like the nightmares to go away though. Any tips?

hey welcome to AS :notalone::aswelcomesu:, your not alone and won't be judged here.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Syulie said:

Hi everyone,

This is my first time trying one of these, and hoping it helps. It's been 10 years, I've come so far and been to therapy but would really like a space to know I'm not alone and not be judged.

It took me a while to learn that what happened never really goes away, but it makes you stronger each day you carry it. I would like the nightmares to go away though. Any tips?

Hi Syulie,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry for what happened 10 years ago, but do know you have found a supportive site. Our members are so understanding and kind, so that place you are looking for...without judgment and a place to not be alone, AS is the place. It does sound that you have come far. The realizations you have made are important ones, difficult for any survivor to accomplish. As for nightmares, I do not know any full-proof way. For myself, I do try to pre-occupy my mind before sleep. Candy Crush is my fallback.  It doesn't guarantee anything, but I feel sometimes it does help. 

I am very happy you found us. I wish you the best on your continuing journey in healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, welcome to AS, :notalone:!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @Syulie, welcome to AS!

This is a very nonjudgmental space and you are not alone here. I wish I had some tips about nightmares for you, I found they got better after a long time in therapy when I had worked through the issues more. I still have some but not so bad anymore.

:notalone:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to AS!  

You are surrounded by many supportive folks!  I hope that being here brings you comfort!

Best wishes.
Capulet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, Syulie, and welcome!  :wave: For nightmares I take a medication called Prazosin. It didn’t make them completely go away, but it helped a lot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2018 at 3:34 AM, Free2Fly said:

hey welcome to AS :notalone::aswelcomesu:, your not alone and won't be judged here.

 

Thank you! That's means a lot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/26/2018 at 5:52 PM, Struggling88 said:

Hi, Syulie, and welcome!  :wave: For nightmares I take a medication called Prazosin. It didn’t make them completely go away, but it helped a lot. 

Thank you, I'll do some research. I'm trying my best to avoid medication since I'm on so much for other health issues :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Syulie said:

Thank you! That's means a lot

Your welcome. Safe hugs :hug: if ok?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2018 at 7:04 PM, Capulet said:

Welcome to AS!  

You are surrounded by many supportive folks!  I hope that being here brings you comfort!

Best wishes.
Capulet

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2018 at 6:52 PM, silentg said:

Hi @Syulie, welcome to AS!

This is a very nonjudgmental space and you are not alone here. I wish I had some tips about nightmares for you, I found they got better after a long time in therapy when I had worked through the issues more. I still have some but not so bad anymore.

:notalone:

Thank you. Ive been to therapy for a little over half a year, it helped for a while but I still get them every now and again and it's like all the energy drains from me for a few days after. Maybe longer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2018 at 1:43 PM, elisand said:

Hi, welcome to AS, :notalone:!!!!!

Thank you :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2018 at 9:38 AM, MeBeMary said:

Hi Syulie,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry for what happened 10 years ago, but do know you have found a supportive site. Our members are so understanding and kind, so that place you are looking for...without judgment and a place to not be alone, AS is the place. It does sound that you have come far. The realizations you have made are important ones, difficult for any survivor to accomplish. As for nightmares, I do not know any full-proof way. For myself, I do try to pre-occupy my mind before sleep. Candy Crush is my fallback.  It doesn't guarantee anything, but I feel sometimes it does help. 

I am very happy you found us. I wish you the best on your continuing journey in healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

Thank you Mary--im glad I found this site. That's actually a great idea, thank you!! I think I'll try reading in bed and see what happens. Really appreciate it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Free2Fly said:

Your welcome. Safe hugs :hug: if ok?

Sure :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×