Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

This is my doing something.

Thyme

It was almost 2 years ago, but I keep thinking of my experience more and more.  It was a trusted friend, so I never did much about it.  We're still friends on Facebook.  But lately, I've been wanting to do something to just clear it out of my head, even if it's just telling someone about it.

I've been reminiscing lately on how I've become distant to most of my friends, and perhaps that's why.

I am lucky and privileged to have a close friend that supports me and listens to me, even when I'm just spouting the same things over and over again.  But I deal with guilt about putting him through that, and I guess I just need someone else to tell me it's not my fault. 

That's what led me here.

Hi Thyme and welcome to AS.  I am sorry for the trauma that you went through a couple of years ago. It's hard when it is caused by someone we trusted.I  am glad you found us , you will find lots of support here. It wasn't your fault, you did nothing wrong. We are here for you

Patricia

8 hours ago, Thyme said:

It was almost 2 years ago, but I keep thinking of my experience more and more.  It was a trusted friend, so I never did much about it.  We're still friends on Facebook.  But lately, I've been wanting to do something to just clear it out of my head, even if it's just telling someone about it.

I've been reminiscing lately on how I've become distant to most of my friends, and perhaps that's why.

I am lucky and privileged to have a close friend that supports me and listens to me, even when I'm just spouting the same things over and over again.  But I deal with guilt about putting him through that, and I guess I just need someone else to tell me it's not my fault. 

That's what led me here.

Welcome to After Silence!  I am truly sorry for the trauma you’ve endured 2 years ago. NO ONE has the right to harm another person. Please know this is NOT your FAULT.  The fault, the guilt,  the pain all belongs on the one who had harmed you.  Please know that you’re not alone in this and you have my support.  Please know also that you’ve found a very supportive site we’re others can relate in there own ways. There is no judgement here.  Please take your time and look around.  Best wishes on your healing journey.  

PB 

Hi Thyme,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you endured by a trusted friend. He betrayed you in more than one way. This was not your fault, it was his. Nobody has the right to hurt another, especially someone pretending to be your friend. I am glad you have support, but add the members of AS to this list. Nobody can truly understand as much as others who know what you are going thru. I am glad that you found us. It is a big step to reach out, one of many on this path of healing.

Mary

:notalone:

Hi Thyme, welcome to AS. I am sorry for what you went through it is so painful to be betrayed by someone you trusted. I hope that you can find some peace in sharing here and finding support.

Welcome,

One thing I know is I feel better with the perspectives of others.

Leaving my process to just my own mind causes me to run around in circles with no way out.

I'm back, after 30 years.  I thought I was well. I spent two days in my head and felt frozen.

I had to reach out too.  

I'm hopeful, let's just keep talking...see where it leads.

Alphabet Soup

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/29/2018 at 5:34 PM, Alphabet Soup said:

Welcome,

One thing I know is I feel better with the perspectives of others.

Leaving my process to just my own mind causes me to run around in circles with no way out.

I'm back, after 30 years.  I thought I was well. I spent two days in my head and felt frozen.

I had to reach out too.  

I'm hopeful, let's just keep talking...see where it leads.

Alphabet Soup

I'm glad you've come here too.