Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hey y’all I’m new to this site.

****I am just going to put a trigger warning because some of the feelings I mention are common****The trauma happened recently and I haven’t told many people. I feel alone sometimes. Even when I tell people I trust I don’t think they fully understand because they haven’t lived through it. 😩 It’s just still really fresh and I feel unclean and used.

Welcome Rising-Phoenix. I like your username :wink:. I am sorry that you went through a recent trauma. I understand your feelings but it doesn't make you in any way unclean!! Nothing that anyone else does ever has a reflection on you, just on them! It is great that you are already reaching out to others here. Being around people who understand what it is like to go through sth like that can be really useful to feel less isolated or alone. I hope you find lots of comfort and support here! 

3 hours ago, Rising-phoenix36 said:

****I am just going to put a trigger warning because some of the feelings I mention are common****The trauma happened recently and I haven’t told many people. I feel alone sometimes. Even when I tell people I trust I don’t think they fully understand because they haven’t lived through it. 😩 It’s just still really fresh and I feel unclean and used.

Welcome to After Silence! I am truly sorry for the trauma you’ve endured recently.  This wasn’t your fault.  I can relate to feeling unclean and used, but please know this on that other party not on you.  You’ve come to safe, supportive  site and where many can relate in their own ways.  You’re not alone here.  You’re very brave to join us here.  Take your time and look around the forums.  You can say as much or as little as you like.  Best wishes on your healing journey. 

PB

3 hours ago, Rising-phoenix36 said:

welcome to AS , i can relate it's hard to get people to understand , the feeling unclean is the worst feeling.

safe hugs if okay? :hug:

Hi, welcome to AS, 

I hope being connected to the AS community will help you feel less alone. 

Members here get it when you share that you are in pain and identify and care.

Safe holding hands if ok?:aswelcomesu:

Welcome to AS, I hope you find the support you need here among us , we do get it and know how hard it is to cope after this kind of trauma. You are not unclean although I can relate to that feeling. You are not alone.

Welcome to AS!!!  I agree with what everyone has said so far. :)  

I hope being here and knowing that you are supported one hundred percent brings you some peace!

Best,
Capulet

Thank you all I really appreciate all the support! It really means a lot to know there are people out there who know how I’m feeling and are able to be supportive. I also appreciate the virtual hugs and hand holding. I can already tell this is a great group of people on this site! :)

13 hours ago, Rising-phoenix36 said:

Hello Rising-pheonix,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for what you have been thru, but as you already see, this is a very supportive site. I truly think nobody can understand like another survivor can, that is why this site works so well. Do know that you were not at fault and you do deserve to heal. You are not alone in this. Now that you have taken this very first huge step, I wish you the very best on many more on this healing journey.

Mary

:notalone: