Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New to AS

Hi MD,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the reasons why you have joined. Being hurt by another is never right. You have found a very supportive site with many wonderful and understanding members. Please know it is ok to be nervous at first, many of us (including myself) were, when we first joined. There will never be any pressure for you to do anything you are not comfortable with. I just suggest taking a look around the site and take your time. It will become easier. You have shown great courage to reach out. It is a big step in any healing process. I wish you the very best as you begin this journey of healing.

Mary

:youcanheal:

Welcome to AS @BrokenMD. It can be scary to join a site like this for the first time. I hope that the feeling of being overwhelmed decreases over time as you find your way around here. The Newbie Support Team is here to help you do that if you need that. No pressure or judgment here :)

My suggestions for what to do next would be to look over the forum headings and descriptions to see which one(s) you are drawn to. Read a bit of the topics and see what inside you needs to be addressed. Here are some examples: If you are struggling with flashbacks and/or nightmares, the Aftermath is the best place to post. If you are needing support, the Gathering Place is the section best for that. Telling your story is always up to you and no one should push you to do so but if you want to, once you reach 10 posts (you have 3 right now), you'll be able to access the Share Your Story section. 

Best wishes to you on your path to healing and remember, you are not alone!

Hello @BrokenMD and welcome to AS!  I hope you find comfort and support here; this is a great site filled with wonderful people always willing to lend an ear.  (Or eyes?) :)

Best wishes, I'll see you around!

Capulet

On 1/18/2018 at 2:44 PM, BrokenMD said:

Hey everybody,  First time on any site like AS... feeling overwhelmed, decided to join see if it helps

Welcome to After Silence!  I’m sorry for the reasons that brought you here.  I was were you are a year ago. After Silence was my last hope.  Here you will find many supportive people who can relate in their own way.  Here you are not alone.  Best wishes on your healing journey. 

PB

Welcome to AS @BrokenMD. Sorry for the trauma that brought you here. Your not alone. Here you are free to share with us whatever you want to when and how you want to. Looking forward to seeing you around the forums, supporting you and learning from you.

On 1/18/2018 at 2:44 PM, BrokenMD said:

Hey everybody,  First time on any site like AS... feeling overwhelmed, decided to join see if it helps

I feel you I am at the same place as you. I joined for pretty much the same reason

• 2 weeks later...