Patrice

I am new

Hello all.  I just found this website.  I am grateful for it too.  I am a childhood SA survivor, a survivor of R, and of DV.  These last holidays were extremely hard for me.  I often feel so alone and that I am the only one dealing with all this.  It has affected my sleep,(nightmares) my health, my checkbook, my relationships, and my waking hours are often filled with overwhelming flashbacks and memories.  I left home at 18 and never went back and did not remember until I found a wonderful therapist.  So, my stuff is coming up now to heal.  #me too also, many times in employment.  I am sorry for the reason you all are here but I am thrilled to find you.

:wave: 

Hello @Patrice,

AS is thrilled to have you, too.  It's great to 'meet' you, even if just by post.  

Expressing a hearty congratulations on finding this site, signing up and posting an introduction to yourself...that is a tremendous step and I'm glad you've taken it.  This is a very loving, supportive and compassionate community and we are truly happy to have you join us.

If you need help with anything, just ask!  We have many kind folks here willing to lend a hand/ear anytime.

Welcome, welcome!

Capulet

Welcome to AS, Patrice! :wave:

I'm also a childhood SA survivor.  DV as well.  I left home at 17 (as soon as I could). I repressed everything until years later.  :notalone:

All the best on your healing journey,

Josie 

:aswelcomesu: :youcanheal: :notalone: :console: if ok

Survivor of csa, R and marital R and abuse, also left home asap, 18, whilst my abusers were alive I repressed all memories, my behaviour I now know, said everything.:hammer:

Glad for you that you found this site  :loveas:

5 hours ago, Patrice said:

Hello all.  I just found this website.  I am grateful for it too.  I am a childhood SA survivor, a survivor of R, and of DV.  These last holidays were extremely hard for me.  I often feel so alone and that I am the only one dealing with all this.  It has affected my sleep,(nightmares) my health, my checkbook, my relationships, and my waking hours are often filled with overwhelming flashbacks and memories.  I left home at 18 and never went back and did not remember until I found a wonderful therapist.  So, my stuff is coming up now to heal.  #me too also, many times in employment.  I am sorry for the reason you all are here but I am thrilled to find you.

Welcome to AS!  I’m am truly so for all that you’ve endured.  Please know you are in a safe place. Many of us have a hard time dealing with holidays you’re not alone with that.  Many of us here can relate you in our own ways.  Take your time look around say as much or as little as you like no judgement here.  Best wishes on your healing journey.  

PB

Hi Patrice,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry about your past trauma experiences. Nobody ever has a right to hurt another this way. You will find so much support here, are members are kind and understanding. Youa re not alone. You have great courage, leaving home, finding a wonderful therapist, and finding us. I wish you the very best on your healing journey.

Mary

:supportu:

Hi Patrice welcome to AS,  I am also a survive of CSA by my father and abuse from my mother. You are not here .

Patricia 

On 1/17/2018 at 12:41 AM, Patrice said:

Hello and Welcome to AS. Sorry to hear about all the trauma that brought you here, its not right no one should have to go through trauma. Your not alone here lots of people have been through simalar and can relate and understand. 

Hi, Patrice, and welcome!  :wave: I left home at 18 too and never looked back. I didn’t remember anything until I started therapy. :notalone: