Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

Good day to everyone. I'm not that very good at English, so please, bear with me. This is my first time opening up, at the advise of my therapist. Where can I find similar stories as mine? I find that they give me strength to tell my story as well.

11 minutes ago, A new leaf said:

Good day to everyone. I'm not that very good at English, so please, bear with me. This is my first time opening up, at the advise of my therapist. Where can I find similar stories as mine? I find that they give me strength to tell my story as well.

Welcome to AS!  I’m sorry for the reason that brought you here.  You’ve found a supportive place that many people here can relate in their own way.  Just know you’re not alone here.  Best wishes on your healing journey.  

PB

Hi New Leaf,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you endured but do know this is a very supportive site.  I do know how difficult it is to open up, so give yourself tons of credit for taking this huge step and reaching out. Please be assured you will not be judged, on your experience nor on your English. We are a melting pot of people from all areas and all walks of life. Somehow we all tend to understand each other, with compassion and kindness. You are not alone. I wish you the very best on this healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

Edited by MeBeMary

Hi @A new leaf and welcome to AS. So very sorry for the trauma that brought you here. Your safe to read or write whatever you need to here with us this is a great site full of supportive and understanding people. Your not alone in your struggles, you are actually a brave person making your first post and joining us to begin with. Looking forward to talking with you in other forums

Welcome to AS @A new leaf I am glad you found us. I also find it easy to share my story when others show courage to share their own stories. I wish you comfort as you ease into this forum that is home to many supportive and welcoming people. 

• 1 month later...