Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New here, hoping that this can help me feel less isolated

Hello everyone,

It has been almost two and half years since I was drugged and sexually assaulted and I find despite regular trauama counselling I am not doing very well. I am extremely isolated and feel very alone and am hoping that joining this group can maybe help with that a little bit. Thanks.

Hi Having a hard time,

Welcome to AS. I am so sorry for the trauma you endured two and a half years ago, but do know that you have found a very supportive site. I am sorry counseling did not work well for you, but know our members are very supportive and kind. I personally find that nobody understands as well as someone who has gone thru something similar.  It took great courage to reach out. I do wish you the very best on this healing journey.

Mary

:notalone: 

Hello and welcome to AS!  So sorry to hear of the circumstances that have brought you here but know you are never alone.  

Best of luck...I hope that you find all the support you need!

Thank you so much, Mary. 

I should say Trauma counselling has helped me enormously but there are just some things it can't help with (like my husband not emotionally supporting me for 8 months and then abandoning me and our 20 year relationship 3 months after that and one week before the 1st anniversary of the rape, and also his not believing me (because I developed P.T.S.D. when I remembered the rape and  all sorts of paranoid and  delusions/mixes up memories came out as a result) that there were three guys who watched part of the rape or that I told his friend (who I thought was my friend, too) what happened that night and he got threatened and intimidated into not helping me go tell my husband and go to the police that night.

So I am really struggling with not being believed by my husband and no matter how much work I do with my trauma counsellir, insm the only one who can let go of the need for him to validate me and believe me that there were more people were involved than the two people he accepts as being involved.

Sorry, I hope that stuff is ok to say. I don't think it was triggering but please tell me if it was and should have been said somewhere else.

Thank you again for your kindness and support. I think joining this site is probably the best thing I have fine for myself in a very long while. 

8 minutes ago, Capulet said:

Hello and welcome to AS!  So sorry to hear of the circumstances that have brought you here but know you are never alone.  

Best of luck...I hope that you find all the support you need!

Thank so much for your kindness and support, Capulet. It is much appreciated :throb:

8 hours ago, Having a hard time said:

Hello everyone,

It has been almost two and half years since I was drugged and sexually assaulted and I find despite regular trauama counselling I am not doing very well. I am extremely isolated and feel very alone and am hoping that joining this group can maybe help with that a little bit. Thanks.

Welcome to AS! I am so sorry for the trauma you’ve endured.  You’ve found a safe, supportive place here and your not alone here.  Say as much or as little as you want.  People here will listen and be there for you.  I’m glad you found us here.  Best wishes on your healing journey.  

PB 

10 hours ago, Having a hard time said:

Hello everyone,

Hi and welcome to AS! I'm so sorry for what happened to you and that your trauma counseling hasn't been helping as much as you need it to. I hope that you joining this support forum helps you feel less alone. You're among people who are compassionate and kind. Wishing you all the best on your path to healing! :) 

Hi and welcome to AS, I'm sorry about your trauma and the lack of support. It is really another additional wound when those we love abandon us after trauma.  You will be believed here, and supported :notalone:

17 hours ago, Having a hard time said:

Hello everyone,

Hi and welcome to AS. Sorry for the trauma that brought you here. You've found a supportive site full of caring people that can relate on some level to what your going through. Glad to see youve gotten some trauma counseling sorry it didn't help as much as you would have liked so far.

Welcome, your not alone I was drugged and R.... over 17 years ago and I still struggle sometimes with the memories. I may never know everything about that night but I have learned that is ok. I was looking for a site that I could find the support I needed and I found it here. Good Luck on your healing journey.

Kris:kitty::kitty::kitty::lindybear:

1 hour ago, Kris78 said:

Welcome, your not alone I was drugged and R.... over 17 years ago and I still struggle sometimes with the memories. I may never know everything about that night but I have learned that is ok. I was looking for a site that I could find the support I needed and I found it here. Good Luck on your healing journey.

Kris:kitty::kitty::kitty::lindybear:

I remember you and your tree kitties cute 

27 minutes ago, GaleH said:

I remember you and your tree kitties cute 

Thanks Gale, I haven’t been on much, I have been going through a rough patch, it has been hard to be supportive when I have been feeling so bad.  I still have all my fur babies, my yellow lab is 12 now and her ”GULLP” that effects her long nerves has now started to effect her hind legs. Thankfully she is not in pain right now. The 3 kitties are doing great they are laying on my lap every chance they can sometimes I have all 3 laying on my legs from my lap to my toes I have a blanket of cats. Lol

As I type this I have Graham and Gracie on me, Domino is in her new Cube/bed she got for Christmas. 

Correction she just joined us my blanket of kittens is complete

Kris :kitty::kitty::kitty::lindybear:

:up: Graham, Gracie, Domino, & Sandie 

Edited by Kris78
4 hours ago, Kris78 said:

Thanks Gale, I haven’t been on much, I have been going through a rough patch, it has been hard to be supportive when I have been feeling so bad.  I still have all my fur babies, my yellow lab is 12 now and her ”GULLP” that effects her long nerves has now started to effect her hind legs. Thankfully she is not in pain right now. The 3 kitties are doing great they are laying on my lap every chance they can sometimes I have all 3 laying on my legs from my lap to my toes I have a blanket of cats. Lol

As I type this I have Graham and Gracie on me, Domino is in her new Cube/bed she got for Christmas. 

Correction she just joined us my blanket of kittens is complete

Kris :kitty::kitty::kitty::lindybear:

:up: Graham, Gracie, Domino, & Sandie 

You are so delightful! I remember chatting with you for a bit and you are such a great person. Life can be really rough. I love my cat too he is my therapy cat. My parents keep pressuring me to go to lunch with my grandma, and I can't be away from my therapy animal and they get angry that I won't go. Not sure what to do. 

If I remember correctly you struggle from chronic pain? This video helps me when ever my pain is kicking in. But I understand it might not work for everyone, maybe check it out,

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I got overloaded and bailed before I got to see the rest of the kind, welcoming, supportive replies from all of you.

Sorry, I am still going through a very rough patch and am just too exhausted to reply to each one of you individually, but please know your kindness and support are so appreciated.

Thank you so much @josiel @Kris78  @Rey Stromnight @Oneinamillion @silentg @fallenstar @reglois @Painnbroken @stagnes @Capulet @MeBeMary  💙💙💙