Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New here

Im 31 years old turning 32 soon. I'm in college online and hope to get my PhD one day. If I can come through my hardships and help others do the same it will all feel worth it to me. Sometimes it helps to help others in need. 

A lot of changes have occured in my life recently. I'm going through a huge transformation and it's been difficult facing my past. I came here in search of understanding, insight, and healing. The burden is becoming too much to handle alone and I need help. I'm hoping this is a good place to start. 

8 hours ago, Exdancer1986 said:

Im 31 years old turning 32 soon. I'm in college online and hope to get my PhD one day. If I can come through my hardships and help others do the same it will all feel worth it to me. Sometimes it helps to help others in need. 

A lot of changes have occured in my life recently. I'm going through a huge transformation and it's been difficult facing my past. I came here in search of understanding, insight, and healing. The burden is becoming too much to handle alone and I need help. I'm hoping this is a good place to start. 

Welcome to AS!  I’m sorry for the reasons you are here, but you’ve found a supportive site.  You don’t have to be alone during this healing journey and being here you will not be alone.  Take your time look around.  You can say as much or as little as you like.  Best wishes on your healing journey. 

PB

Welcome to A S. I find everyone here so supportive.

Hope you will find lots of support.:wave:

8 hours ago, Exdancer1986 said:

Welcome to AS @Exdancer1986, your not alone. We are around the same age, sounds like your doing well as far as having goals in place. Shooting to get a PhD sounds like a lot of work I support you and believe you can do it.

This is a great place to start. AS is full of caring members that are very helpful and understanding. Its a judgement free zone so you are free to share anything as much or as little as you want. Compleately up to you. Can't wait to see you around the other forums.

One

Thank you One. I need to get all of this out of me. I have been carrying it most of my life, and now that I'm sober and continue to stay that way its time to purge. I know that I will never feel normal as long as i keep the truth bottled inside and this seems like the place to release. Thank you for your kind words; my motivations for becoming a psychiatrist with the focus of alternative therapy for survivors are various and my conviction runs deep. It's a way of healing myself and others like me. I look forward to diving in to the forums and seeing what i may learn. Thanks again.

Exdancer

Hi Exdancer,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you have experienced, but you will find tons of support here. Our members are kind and understanding. I am glad you have reached out and wish you the best on this journey of healing.

Mary

:youcanheal:

On 12/31/2017 at 0:50 AM, josiel said:

Welcome to AS, Exdancer! :wave:

This is a very supportive site.  All the best on your healing journey and with your studies! :)

Josie

Hi Josie 

Thank you, Ive found that youre right about the site being supportive. I only worry that my posts are too triggering and graphic sometimes. I apologize to everyone, i just cant hold it in anymore and i have to tell the whole truth before i spontaneously combust. Thank you also to everyones support.