Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

first post

Jayt

hello. 

making this account has been a huge, huge step for me. 

I am not sure what I will gain from it but I am hoping I will find something, anything to help. I am 16 years old. for the past two months since this event occurred, I have been fighting a mental battle that nobody knows about. I am constantly tired and searching for my worth. everyday, it gets harder to leave my house. and every night, I have nightmares that keep me awake for hours on end. 

I am on the last straw of my sanity. it feels like everything is a struggle. eating, drinking water, talking to my family, seeing my friends, taking a shower... everything is so draining and seems pointless.

I don’t know where to start. 

I just hope that I can start here. 

Edited by Jayt

Hi Jayt,

I am new here as well and being here is a big step for me too. I am sorry for what happened to you and the challenges you now face. It's difficult to function sometimes with such a weight, I understand. I hope you find healing here and applaud your courage in joining. 

8 hours ago, Jayt said:

hello. 

I am not sure what I will gain from it but I am hoping I will find something, anything to help. I am 16 years old. for the past two months since this event occurred, I have been fighting a mental battle that nobody knows about. I am constantly tired and searching for my worth. everyday, it gets harder to leave my house. and every night, I have nightmares that keep me awake for hours on end. 

I am on the last straw of my sanity. it feels like everything is a struggle. eating, drinking water, talking to my family, seeing my friends, taking a shower... everything is so draining and seems pointless.

Welcome to AS!  I’m so sorry for the recent trauma you’ve endured.  Please know this wasn’t your fault.  I’m glad you found us.  Everyone here is supportive and there is no judgement here.  Please take your time and look around. Say as much or as little as you want.  Just know you’re not alone here.  Best wishes on your healing journey. 

PB

9 hours ago, Jayt said:

hello. 

Hi there @Jayt and welcome to AS.  I am so very sorry about the event that brought you to us and the nightmares it sounds very frustrating.  I'm glad your here with us and wanted to tell you you've made some huge positive steps setting up the account was big but your first post is huge too.  As others have said this is a judgement free community your free to share as much or as little as you choose. Take your time to look around and to share its your choice how much you choose to share. Hope to see you around the forums

One

already your guys’ support has brought tears to my eyes. you have no idea how important your kind words are to me and I will hold them close to my heart as I find my way through this long journey. thank you so much 

Hi Jayt,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for what happened to you just two months ago. It was wrong and please know that you did nothing that what make it acceptable for someone to hurt you this way. You will find tons of support, as our members are understanding and kind. It took great courage to reach out.  I wish you well on your healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

On 12/31/2017 at 8:09 AM, Jayt said:

Hi @Jayt, Welcome.

Everyone on After Silence is so caring. I hope you find support, you are free to be who you are and your feelings count here.

:aswelcomesu:

Welcome to AS @Jayt I'm sorry for what happened two months ago and that you are suffering. It can be hard and feel like you'll never feel better. However, It's true that you can heal...I hope that by joining this forum, you could feel good about reaching out. Going through this tends to make one feel very alone. Best wishes on your path to healing. :notalone::supportu: