Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi!

Hello!

I'm just starting out on my healing journey. However, I have an extreme social phobia (it's hard for me to attend real life help groups) so my therapist suggested this! I'm really hoping to find some help here and maybe help some others along the way :)

Hi there. 

Welcome to After Silence. 

I pray you find what you need. 

My name is ~FOUND~.

Very nice to meet you!

Hi @WintersDawn,

I'm glad you found us, although I'm sorry for the trauma that led you here. It can be much less daunting to be involved with an anonymous online group for sure! We aim to be a safe, non judgmental, supportive space where members can share as much or little as they want to, in their own time and in their own way.  I hope you feel comfortable here as you explore the site. It can be a difficult step to take, just starting out in your healing, please take care of yourself and go at your own pace. You will likely find that no matter what you've been through there will be someone here who can relate and understand. :notalone:

16 hours ago, WintersDawn said:

Hello!

I'm just starting out on my healing journey. However, I have an extreme social phobia (it's hard for me to attend real life help groups) so my therapist suggested this! I'm really hoping to find some help here and maybe help some others along the way :)

Hi WintersDawn,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry about the trauma you experienced, but you have found a very supportive site. The members are very kind and understanding. I can relate so much to the social phobia. It is very hard to deal with, but I have found a voice here that I never knew that I had. It is amazing how a little freedom feels...freedom from judgment and pressure. It is a courageous step to reach out and I wish you the very best on many more forward steps on this healing path.

Mary

:notalone:

17 hours ago, WintersDawn said:

Hello!

Hi wintersdawn,

Welcome to AS. I just wanted to point out how brave you are to join and how huge of a first step you made, I really hope your proud of this accomplishment. Being affraid of people is really tough I understand have been avoiding others for a long while too. For me its easier on AS, everyone's been through something and can relate here. You really have found a safe space to share as little or as much as you want. Everyone here truely seems to care a great deal. Anyways excited to see more from you on this journey of healing.

One

On 12/20/2017 at 1:36 AM, WintersDawn said:

Hello!

Welcome to AS!  I hope you’re finding you way around the forums alright.  I also hope you are getting the support you need.  Best wishes on your healing journey 

PB