Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hey everyone

First off I wanted to apologize for the incredibly nondescript/unhelpful bland name I have chosen but I sat there for like 30 minutes trying to figure out what to make my name when registering as to not be identifying and it was just really how I was feeling at the time, I only just got the courage to check back and post which may be ridiculous I don't know but I just feel it's time to not keep things to myself anymore and talk to people that understand how it feels and maybe get some healing out of it/help others.

It's really nice to have a place to feel safe so I appreciate this place even if no one really knows me yet, so thank you all for having such a warm and welcoming and nice community for such a difficult and stressful topic, I have been browsing around seeing what the place is like and everyone just seems so supportive and it's honestly amazing.

i am also a bit scared to accidentally overstep boundaries or post in the wrong place or something so I believe this is the correct place to post this and hope I have said nothing wrong in this introduction but I just really am glad to have found a place of support and look forward to getting some stuff out/learning/helping anyone I can as well and just wanted to say Hey and I hope whoever is reading this if anyone does has a really amazing day and if it's not going great for you I hope it starts going well <3

- Blake

4 hours ago, Struggling2017 said:

First off I wanted to apologize for the incredibly nondescript/unhelpful bland name I have chosen but I sat there for like 30 minutes trying to figure out what to make my name when registering as to not be identifying and it was just really how I was feeling at the time, I only just got the courage to check back and post which may be ridiculous I don't know but I just feel it's time to not keep things to myself anymore and talk to people that understand how it feels and maybe get some healing out of it/help others.

It's really nice to have a place to feel safe so I appreciate this place even if no one really knows me yet, so thank you all for having such a warm and welcoming and nice community for such a difficult and stressful topic, I have been browsing around seeing what the place is like and everyone just seems so supportive and it's honestly amazing.

i am also a bit scared to accidentally overstep boundaries or post in the wrong place or something so I believe this is the correct place to post this and hope I have said nothing wrong in this introduction but I just really am glad to have found a place of support and look forward to getting some stuff out/learning/helping anyone I can as well and just wanted to say Hey and I hope whoever is reading this if anyone does has a really amazing day and if it's not going great for you I hope it starts going well <3

- Blake

Welcome to AS Blake!  I am sorry for the reason / reasons you are here.  Glad you found us.  You’ve found a supportive site where people care and will listen.  Everyone is scared when first posting.  Don’t worry.  You will find your not alone here.  Take your time say as much or as little as you like.  Wishing you the best on your healing journey.  

PB 

Welcome to After Silence, @Struggling2017! I am glad to know that you already find this forum a safe and supportive place - I have been here going on 8 years and I totally agree it is both of those things and much more. 

Your introduction is just fine, by the way, and don't worry about posting in the wrong place. Our Section Moderators are pretty cool about messaging members about why they would move a topic and where it was moved to. If you have any doubt, you are welcome to ask them or you can get in touch with the Newbie Support Team  we are more than happy to help you figure your way around the site. 

:aswelcomesu::supportu: 

Welcome to AS , I am sorry for what you have gone through. You will find this to be a safe  place. Glad to see you are looking over the board. Don't worry about making a mistake, we all do at times and as Fallenstar mention we have good moderate.

Patricia

10 hours ago, Struggling2017 said:

- Blake

Hi Blake,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the reason you find yourself here, but you will find AS a very supportive and helpful site. The members we have are truly understanding. Names can be difficult, and members pick such a wide variety of names, some with special meaning, some to just pick a name, like mine. Please give yourself credit for posting. It is very difficult to reach out when you are unsure and nervous. Just remember, we all started here like you and understand. I understand your nervousness about overstepping boundaries and such. Many of us feel that way, but I can honestly say that using good judgment is contagious around here. After you look over the site, I'm sure you will feel more comfortable. Plus, you have the resources of the NST members and staff that are here to help you. I wish you the very best on your healing journey.

Mary

:supportu: 

Hi Blake and welcome to AS!  Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself, you sound like a very kind and compassionate person and we look forward to getting to know you.

This is an incredibly safe place and I hope it helps you to visit here during your healing journey.

Best.
Capulet

13 hours ago, Struggling2017 said:

- Blake

Hello and welcome to AS Blake. So very sorry for the trauma that brought you here. I want to congratulate you for the very brave step in posting your introduction, it is a huge first step here so Congradulations. Take it at your own pace when posting things if your not sure your welcome to ask or just post where you feel comfortable posting, you can always ask for one of the moderators to move it if it needs to be. Share as much or as little as you like. Glad to see that your willing to help others as well. Well congradulations and welcome again to AS.

One

17 hours ago, Struggling2017 said:

- Blake

Welcome to AS! Everyone here is really helpful and very supportive. :notalone::aswelcomesu:

Hi there. 

Welcome to AS.

Very nice to meet you. 

I pray you find what you need and make fab friends. 

My name is ~FOUND~