Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello!

Gwenyth

Hi! I hope you all are in good spirits and healing. :)

I'm new here. Unfortunately, where I live, group therapy sessions are a no-go so I've been recommended to find a support group online.

First of all, I would like to say, I am so, SO sorry you all had to go through the same soul-ripping trauma I did. We may not have the same stories but we've probably dealt with similar situations and feelings more than we'd think. I have this voice inside of me urging to come out ever since I've said the words "I was raped". It's like my voice refuses to stay inside anymore. So here I am.

Hi Gwenyth,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you endured. You are very insightful to realize that even without our stories being the same that we all do share a bond here of struggles and confusing and hurtful emotions. It is not right for anyone to be hurt, but there is one good thing I have found with this site. We share support and are not alone. I am sorry there is no options for you in person, but here at AS, you will find compassion and understanding. It was very brave steps to reach out and also to admit those horrid words. I do wish you many more forward steps on this journey of healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

19 hours ago, Gwenyth said:

I'm new here. Unfortunately, where I live, group therapy sessions are a no-go so I've been recommended to find a support group online.

First of all, I would like to say, I am so, SO sorry you all had to go through the same soul-ripping trauma I did. We may not have the same stories but we've probably dealt with similar situations and feelings more than we'd think. I have this voice inside of me urging to come out ever since I've said the words "I was raped". It's like my voice refuses to stay inside anymore. So here I am.

Welcome to AS! I’m sorry that the trauma you’ve endured and that we’re you live there isn’t any group therapy.  You’ve found a safe place and lots of support here.  Best wishes on your healing journey. 

PB

21 hours ago, Gwenyth said:

Hello and welcome to AS Gwenyth. Sorry for the trauma and that you dont have any support groups where you live. This is a safe space to share as little or as much as you want to, remember you decide here. Looking forward to seeing you around. Again welcome to AS.

One

Edited by Oneinamillion

Welcome to AS @Gwenyth, I'm sorry you suffered through rape. You're right for calling it soul-ripping trauma. Support groups would be good, but at least in today's world, we have this wonderful corner of the internet to meet and share and support :) I am glad to hear that your voice refuses to be silenced. Sounds like you're on a good path to healing already. :supportu::aswelcomesu:

Hi there. 

Welcome to AS.

Very nice to meet you. 

I pray you find what you need and make fab friends. 

My name is ~FOUND~