Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

rediscovering my sense of self

8 minutes ago, wheredidmysanitygo said:

Hello,

Thank you for accepting me into your community. I have recently been diagnosed with PTSD from an event that happened 8 years ago. I want to be okay. I am here to try. Thank you again

Welcome to AS. I am so sorry for the trauma you've experienced.  You will find that everyone here is friendly, supportive and there is no judgement at all. Your not alone here and many can relate.  Take your time to look around and best wishes on your healing journey. 

Best wishes,

PB

54 minutes ago, wheredidmysanitygo said:

Hello,

Thank you for accepting me into your community. I have recently been diagnosed with PTSD from an event that happened 8 years ago. I want to be okay. I am here to try. Thank you again

Hello and welcome to AS. I was where you are right now just last year. Sorry for the trauma that brought you here. 8 years is a long time I know I made it 10 before the ptsd reared its ugly head for me. Your Definately not alone here. Glad you found AS. Looking forward to watching you grow and heal and help others along the way.

One

Welcome to AS, I hope you will find that we are a supportive community in which to work on healing . My trauma happened many years ago as well, and came back a few years ago as PTSD. I’m sorry for what you’ve endured and are continuing to struggle with. You’re not alone here.:aswelcomesu:

3 hours ago, wheredidmysanitygo said:

Hello,

Hi WDMSG,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for what you went thru 8 years ago and the struggles you still have. It's not easy to reach out, so I want to give you credit for that. You will find so many members who will understand and support you. I wish you the best on this journey of healing.

Mary

:youcanheal:

Hi and welcome @wheredidmysanitygo to this supportive community! A diagnosis of PTSD can be rough; many of us here have it and there are a lot of discussions about what it's like for us. I'm sorry you suffer from it following what you went through. :aswelcomesu:

• 2 weeks later...

HI there.

Welcome to AS.

Very nice to meet you.

I pray you find what you need and make fab friends.

My name is ~FOUND~