Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

help with profile

Jen G

I am new on this site and not very good with computers and I realized that I really don't want my name and last initial to be showing but I am not sure how to change it on my profile. I was hoping that mabey someone could let me know how I can do that . Thanks so much.

Hi Jen,

I briefly looked at your profile and your name and last initial are not showing anywhere other than in your actual user name, which is @Jen G.  If this username is anonymous and is not your actual name or last initial, I think you're good because there is nothing I can see on your profile that tells me otherwise.

If your user name is what you feel you want to change, I believe that if you can contact an Administrator, they can likely change your username for you without your having to re-register entirely.  I can be wrong as I've been gone a long time but it's worth asking. :)

Best wishes.
Capulet

LOL! We could all have paid better attention in computer classes, hehe.  

On the bottom of the forums index page, there is a color-coded cluster of links...Admins, Moderators, Section Moderators, etc.  Clicking on one of those links will list who does what task here on AS. 

@Rose is an administrator online frequently. :)  I am sure she can best assist you with this matter!!!  

Happy Holiday week, hope you are doing well.
Cap

Thank you so much for your help. I am panicking a little bit because I don't want my birthday on there either. I feel like I have given too much information. I will try the advice you have given me. Thanks again.

The admins can help with your name, but your birthday isn't visible to anyone but you and the admins, so don't worry about that. :)

@Jen G you can click on this link and it will take you to the Help Desk. Only board moderators and admin have access to this section of the board. This is the best way to reach them. You should get a response within 24 hours.

http://www.aftersilence.org/forum/index.php?/forum/122-help-desk/

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

Very nice to meet you. 

I pray you find what you need and make fab friends.

My name us ~FOUND~