Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New, feeling lost.

lunarosa

I found this site months ago and have just now gotten the courage to post something. I feel that my life is falling apart and I feel stuck and hopeless and like I'm holding those that I love back from being happy. I came here to try and find support and someone to talk to. My issues are all caused from abuse I suffered as a child and I feel like I'll never heal and never feel better. I'm not sure if I'm using this site correctly or if this even makes any sense but I needed to reach out somehow and this seemed like a good place.

You are in the right place and I welcome you here.  

I hope you find the support you need - this is a fantastic community and there are so many kind folks here willing to listen and stand by you as you heal.

Best wishes.
Capulet

22 minutes ago, lunarosa said:

I found this site months ago and have just now gotten the courage to post something. I feel that my life is falling apart and I feel stuck and hopeless and like I'm holding those that I love back from being happy. I came here to try and find support and someone to talk to. My issues are all caused from abuse I suffered as a child and I feel like I'll never heal and never feel better. I'm not sure if I'm using this site correctly or if this even makes any sense but I needed to reach out somehow and this seemed like a good place.

Welcome to AS. I am so sorry for the trauma you've experienced as a child.  You will find that everyone here is friendly, supportive and there is no judgement at all. Your not alone here and many can relate.  Take your time to look around and best wishes on your healing journey.  

PB

Hi LunaRosa, 

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you endured as a child, it was wrong and unfair. I'm glad you felt ready to reach out. It takes time and courage. I know it did for me. You will find tons of support here on site. The struggles you face are the responsibility of the person that hurt you. Your feelings and reactions are justified. For those you love, I hope they are being patient and supportive. I am sure they hurt, because you do. Which is again, not your fault. I do hope the pain and struggles lessen for you and I hope the site is as much help to you, as it has been for me. I wish you well as you walk this path of healing.

Mary

:notalone:  

lunarosa   welcome to AS.  You will find this a supportive site.  I am sorry what happened to you as a child, I have gone through the same thing.  Yes things can get better. You are not alone here.

Patricia

Welcome to After Silence, @lunarosa. I'm sorry you suffered this trauma as a child. I know what it's like to feel like it will never get better, but it can. There was a point I never thought I would feel as okay as I do today, and I wish the same for you. :supportu: 

Hello Lunarosa and welcome to AS! Sorry to hear that you suffered from abuse as a child and sorry that you are feeling helpless because of it, many people here can relate to that struggle. There is always hope for healing and I hear it just takes time, although no two people are on the same journey of recovery please dont let you progress or what feels like lack of profess get you down. You took a huge step in the right direction posting here for the first time. I look forward to seeing you around on the AS forums. Best wishes

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

Very nice to meet you.

I pray you find what you need and make fab friends. 

I understand how you feel.

My name is ~FOUND~