Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello, new survivor here

I am a survivor of csa as well as r(not during childhood or same perpetrator). I hope this website and forum will help me feel less alone. It took me a long time to even write up this introduction. The only person in my life who could truly understand csa passed away early this year so I have been having a rough time, not only with her death, but with the loss of my confidant. I only told her a month or so before she passed, even though it happened years previous. It’s been a long road, but I hope reaching out for help like this will help.

Edited by PurpleDaisy13

Hello Purple!

Welcome to AS!  This is a great place and a safe forum filled with lots of people who are willing to lend a supportive shoulder when you need it.

I'm very sorry for the loss of the person you felt you could confide in. :(  You have my sincerest condolences!  

I hope you find the support you need here at AS, it has been a godsend for me in many ways.  

Looking forward to getting to know you.

Capulet

11 minutes ago, Capulet said:

Hello Purple!

Welcome to AS!  This is a great place and a safe forum filled with lots of people who are willing to lend a supportive shoulder when you need it.

I'm very sorry for the loss of the person you felt you could confide in. :(  You have my sincerest condolences!  

I hope you find the support you need here at AS, it has been a godsend for me in many ways.  

Looking forward to getting to know you.

Capulet

Thank you, Capulet, for your support and condolences. It’s very encouraging to have someone reply so quickly!

5 hours ago, PurpleDaisy13 said:

I am a survivor of csa as well as r(not during childhood or same perpetrator). I hope this website and forum will help me feel less alone. It took me a long time to even write up this introduction. The only person in my life who could truly understand csa passed away early this year so I have been having a rough time, not only with her death, but with the loss of my confidant. I only told her a month or so before she passed, even though it happened years previous. It’s been a long road, but I hope reaching out for help like this will help.

Hello PD, 

Welcome to AS!  I'm sorry for the trauma you've endured.  I'm also very sorry for your loss.   You will find this is a safe place and many here can relate in some way or another.  Here you not be alone, you will find a lot of support and judgment free.  Take your time and look around. Say as much or as little as you like.  Best wishes on your healing journey.  

Pb

9 hours ago, PurpleDaisy13 said:

Hi @PurpleDaisy13

I am new too. Welcome. I think we found a good place. Just reading everyone's warm welcomes has a therapeutic effect on me. I hope you find the same. We are NOT alone. :)

@PurpleDaisy first off Congradulations on your first post, it takes a lot of courage to take this step. Welcome to the AS family you will find many people here that can support you and understand and relate to your story. I am so sorry to hear about all the past trauma. There is healing hope and peace, it just takes time and no one has the answer as to how long I guess its differnt for everyone.

One

Hi PurpleDaisy,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the traumas you endured, both as a child and an adult. I am also sorry for the loss of your friend. Finding someone who supports and understand the struggles you go thru I know isn't easy. It must feel like a double loss to you. Good news is that you found our little site and we do have so many understanding, kind and supportive members. You are not alone. Reaching out is never easy, so I acknowledge your courage. I do wish you the best on this journey of healing.

Mary

:notalone:

On ‎14‎.‎11‎.‎2017 at 7:46 AM, PurpleDaisy13 said:

Hi PurpleDaisy13,

Welcome on AS. You are not alone.

:notalone::youcanheal:

Greetings from Ausi,

• 1 month later...

Hi there.

Welcome to AS.

Very nice to meet you.

I pray you find what you need and make fab friends. 

My name is ~FOUND~