Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi

Cheeryo

I'm new to all this. I have felt very alone for a long time. I have a few close friends who are supportive but they just can't relate to what I'm going through right now. I was abused by an older brother and my dad at a young age. Some memories I've had a long time. But now that I'm working through those I'm having more memories. And to add to that my son was recently convicted of sexually abusing two of my other children and is being charged for abusing a third. Right now I'm really struggling. Glad I found a place like this.

@Cheeryo

Welcome to AS! I am truly sorry for all you've been through and what your continuing to go through.  You will find supportive people here.  Please take your time and look around.  This is a safe place and many can relate.  Best wishes on your healing journey.  

PB

Hi Cheeryo,

Welcome to AS. I am so sorry for the trauma you have endured by people you should trust. They had no right to hurt you as they did. You will find this a very supportive site with many understanding and kind members. I am glad there is some support in your life, but understand how they don't truly understand because they have never gone thru it. I am very sorry about your son. I can't imagine the anguish you feel as a mother. I am glad that you have found us, tho. It is a place to start in this journey of healing. Please know, you are not alone.

Mary

:notalone:

Hi Cheeryo, and welcome to AS, although I'm sorry for the trauma that brought you here.  I hope that our community of caring supportive people who 'get it' will help you feel less isolated as you recover and try to cope with everything that you are still going through. I'm a mom too and really empathize with how hard things must be right now. :notalone:

@Cheeryo welcome to AS. Sorry about all the trauma, and the current trauma. There is healing in all this even if its hard right now there is always a new dawn. Judgement free zone here and everyone is caring and considerate. Looking forward to reading your future post.

One

• 1 month later...

Hi there. 

Welcome  to AS.

Very nice to meet you. 

I pray you find what you need and make fab friends. 

My name is ~FOUND~