Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello Everyone

My name is Luna (on here anyway). I am a sexual assault survivor. For nine years, while living with my uncle. He was supposed to protect me, but he was the one who hurt me the most. He told me that I would only ever be considered good for bedroom things. It finally stopped on July 3rd, 2016. I was 20. Now, I'm ready to finally start the path towards healing. I'm so tired of hating myself for what happened. I'm tired of feeling like everyone just brushes it off because he was a "respectable" member of the town we were from. I just want to feel like myself again. I just want the nightmares to stop. Anyways, I was rambling a bit... This is my introduction, I guess. If anyone has a question for me, they can ask it. I will answer it as best as I can. Thank you.

Hello, Luna,

Thanks for introducing yourself and welcome to AS.  I hope you find that we are a gentle and supportive community.  

I am sorry to hear what you've been through.  Although I think congratulations are in order, on taking the first step toward healing and for letting us know you are here!  

See you around. :)

Capulet

4 hours ago, LunaTheWiccan said:

My name is Luna (on here anyway). I am a sexual assault survivor. For nine years, while living with my uncle. He was supposed to protect me, but he was the one who hurt me the most. He told me that I would only ever be considered good for bedroom things. It finally stopped on July 3rd, 2016. I was 20. Now, I'm ready to finally start the path towards healing. I'm so tired of hating myself for what happened. I'm tired of feeling like everyone just brushes it off because he was a "respectable" member of the town we were from. I just want to feel like myself again. I just want the nightmares to stop. Anyways, I was rambling a bit... This is my introduction, I guess. If anyone has a question for me, they can ask it. I will answer it as best as I can. Thank you.

Hi Luna.

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you have endured. You are correct, he should have protected you, and he was wrong to hurt you in any way. I am very happy you have gotten away from him. It is a huge step to reach out to others, so I would like to acknowledge your courage. You will find tons of support here and know we understand and that you are not alone in this. I wish you many more forward steps on this healing journey.

Mary

:youcanheal:

4 hours ago, LunaTheWiccan said:

Hello Luna,

welcome to AS! I am truly sorry for what has been to you.  This isn't your fault this is on him.  Please don't hate yourself.  I know first hand hating oneself is very exhausting.  Please take your time while healing dear.  You've found a safe place here and many people in someways can relate.  Please be gentle to yourself.  Best wishes in your healing journey. 

PB

Hi Luna,

Welcome!

I hope you will find this a supportive place to help on your healing path. I am sorry for all you have endured but glad you have finally gotten free of him. He was wrong to hurt you and it's wrong for people to brush it off, too, what he did was really criminal and heinous. He was supposed to protect the child in his care.  I wish you peace and healing as you recover.:notalone:

• 1 month later...

Hi there. 

Welcome to AS.

Very nice to meet you. 

I pray you find what you need and make fab friends.

My name is ~FOUND~