New registrants - please do NOT register using your real name (or anything resembling such) - your privacy is important to us and real-name registrations will be deleted. Please re-register with an anonymous display name. ×
If you are having any trouble connecting or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello.

Lathian

Attempting to communicate with someone I never spoke with before is always a little difficult. When that someone turns out to be a community with a thousand and more members, I for one almost cannot bring myself to even for a moment exist where another person could witness me.

That aside, I make an attempt to say hello and introduce myself a bit.

I am twenty three years old, male, and by the qualifiers used here a survivor.

I don't know what more to say that won't eventually better be fitted elsewhere, so I think this is my post.

Yup, this is it.

Hey Lathian,

I already welcomed you in the "Where's all the Male Survivors" thread, but I wanted to here as well.

I'm sure that you will find plenty of support and understanding here, welcome to the board.

:hug:

Donna =)

Lathian,

Hello and welcome to AS. I'm certain you will find this site as helpful as I have found it to be.

Jill

:hug::hug::hug:

I'm really glad you were able to reach out. I really hope you find peace.

I don't know you and I'm still stuggeling to keep head-above-water myself, so I don't really think I have the right to comment, but I just want to tell you that I don't think that what other people say should let you class yourself as a survivor or not. We all deal with a whole lot of nonsense from society, but don't let anyone trivialize what you have been through.

Lotsa hugs from a fellow newbie

Selene

Welcome Lathian...

:greet::greet::greet::greet:

I know what you mean. At first I was thinking how could I ever talk to so many strange people let alone bare my soul....

But I love them all. They are what has got me through.

I hoep you find it too.

:hug::hug::hug::hug:

Soph

Thank you all for the welcome.

It is very difficult to try to intergrate here, for me. But I sort of promised myself that if I could just post at least once per day... I could get myself talking, make myself share... Maybe I could... I don't know.

I imagine more than one of you know what I mean, even if I can't explain it.

Again, Thanks.

:wave: Hi Lathian,

Welcome to After Silence, it's good to have you with us. Things can certainly feel a little difficult at first, I was shaking like a leaf when I made my first post, but I hope you feel more at ease very soon. It's good to challenge yourself, but remember to be kind to yourself and take your time if you need to. :)

:hug::hug:

Meg