Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello.

Lathian

Attempting to communicate with someone I never spoke with before is always a little difficult. When that someone turns out to be a community with a thousand and more members, I for one almost cannot bring myself to even for a moment exist where another person could witness me.

That aside, I make an attempt to say hello and introduce myself a bit.

I am twenty three years old, male, and by the qualifiers used here a survivor.

I don't know what more to say that won't eventually better be fitted elsewhere, so I think this is my post.

Yup, this is it.

Hey Lathian,

I already welcomed you in the "Where's all the Male Survivors" thread, but I wanted to here as well.

I'm sure that you will find plenty of support and understanding here, welcome to the board.

:hug:

Donna =)

Lathian,

Hello and welcome to AS. I'm certain you will find this site as helpful as I have found it to be.

Jill

:hug::hug::hug:

I'm really glad you were able to reach out. I really hope you find peace.

I don't know you and I'm still stuggeling to keep head-above-water myself, so I don't really think I have the right to comment, but I just want to tell you that I don't think that what other people say should let you class yourself as a survivor or not. We all deal with a whole lot of nonsense from society, but don't let anyone trivialize what you have been through.

Lotsa hugs from a fellow newbie

Selene

Welcome Lathian...

:greet::greet::greet::greet:

I know what you mean. At first I was thinking how could I ever talk to so many strange people let alone bare my soul....

But I love them all. They are what has got me through.

I hoep you find it too.

:hug::hug::hug::hug:

Soph

Thank you all for the welcome.

It is very difficult to try to intergrate here, for me. But I sort of promised myself that if I could just post at least once per day... I could get myself talking, make myself share... Maybe I could... I don't know.

I imagine more than one of you know what I mean, even if I can't explain it.

Again, Thanks.

:wave: Hi Lathian,

Welcome to After Silence, it's good to have you with us. Things can certainly feel a little difficult at first, I was shaking like a leaf when I made my first post, but I hope you feel more at ease very soon. It's good to challenge yourself, but remember to be kind to yourself and take your time if you need to. :)

:hug::hug:

Meg