Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi  (**Possibly Triggering**)

This is my first time reaching out for help in a long time.  I was r**** in 2nd grade, as a junior in high school I was gang r****, and the last 3 times were the summer after I graduated.  I struggle mightily with PTSD and Anorexia and depression/anxiety, and have medication but the memories are still haunting me constantly. I see *them* everywhere. Despite having a therapist for almost a year now, I can't seem to get my life back together.  That T suggested this as a safe place for me.  I have a husband and am in school to become a surgeon, but that life is falling to pieces and I'm scrambling...  I don't know what to do and this is a final cry for help.   For the purposes of Anonymity, I will go by the name "Katja" here. 

If anyone is willing to sit with me, I'd be most grateful. 

-Katja

Edited by wakingupunderwater

Hello Katja, and welcome to AS!

I, too, am only known as Capulet or Cappy here. :)  Anonymity is very important to me and I'm sure that many others agree.

We are all sharing in a common journey and are here to support each other through the hurdles.  This is a wonderful place.  Please thank your therapist for sending you. :) 

Sending you gentle and safe hugs and will sit by you as long as you need.

Capulet

HI katja, welcome to AS.  I am sorry for what you gone through. I have suffered from Anorexia my self in the past, I have been doing much better in the past years. You will find many of us suffer from depression and PTSD, it's sad you are not alone there.

You will find this to be a supportive site.  You post as much or as little as you want to. You are not alone here.

Patricia

Edited by patriciag

@wakingupunderwater aka Katja welcome to AS. I am so sorry to hear about your traumas, if its ok I offer a safe hug. It is encouraging to hear that you are still functioning even with a little difficulties your are still in school and that takes strength after all you have been through. Will sit with you as long as you need. You are very strong and brave to post this in the welcome section. Please feel free to take your time with the boards here get to know people so many good people here to support you and to support it is a very differnt expierience that I had ever had before. Can't wait to see your future post.

On 11/11/2017 at 11:07 PM, wakingupunderwater said:

Hi  (**Possibly Triggering**)

This is my first time reaching out for help in a long time.  I was r**** in 2nd grade, as a junior in high school I was gang r****, and the last 3 times were the summer after I graduated.  I struggle mightily with PTSD and Anorexia and depression/anxiety, and have medication but the memories are still haunting me constantly. I see *them* everywhere. Despite having a therapist for almost a year now, I can't seem to get my life back together.  That T suggested this as a safe place for me.  I have a husband and am in school to become a surgeon, but that life is falling to pieces and I'm scrambling...  I don't know what to do and this is a final cry for help.   For the purposes of Anonymity, I will go by the name "Katja" here. 

If anyone is willing to sit with me, I'd be most grateful. 

-Katja

Hi Katja,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for all the trauma you have endured. Nobody ever had the right to hurt you. I do hope you understand that none of it was your fault. You will find amazing support here, as our members are kind and understanding. I am always glad to hear we were recommended by a T. It shows we have a decent reputation among professionals. I admire that you want to become a surgeon and help others. I wish you much success in your studies. As you requested, I will sit with you...and also walk with you on this journey of healing.

Mary

:notalone:

Hi katja, welcome to AS! Sorry to hear you are having such a hard time 😞

I am thinking about you and sitting with you. I hope you can find some comfort today 

• 1 month later...

HI there. 

Welcome to AS. 

Very nice to meet you. 

I pray you find what you need and make fab friends. 

My name is ~FOUND~