Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New to this

LilyB70

I have been looking for a safe place like this for a while, wasn't ready up till now may. The first 16 or so years it was buried deep. occasionally it would surface but would go away quickly for various reasons...and then it started to bubble up and fester. The last two years have been a roller coaster emotionally, psychologically. I feel I have lost many friends and support, have missed or sabotaged many opportunities.  Im stuck. I want to move out of this place in my head. I want to heal my long ignored wounds. I want to reconnect with the 27 year old me that I abandoned. 

Hello @LilyB70 and welcome to AS.

I am so sorry for the trauma you endured to get here. I too just kept pushing it down till I couldn't keep it down anymore. I know you'll find people here that understand and be able to support you, I sure did. People here are amazing they listen and support in ways I had never experienced nor can I truly explain. Its been a powerful change for me and for many others. There is healing here it takes time but I can see it happen for everyone of us. Your not alone in this journey anymore.

Hi @LilyB70

welcome to AS, you have found a safe and supportive place here. I also had to reconnect with buried memories when I started healing. You are not alone here, please take your time getting to know the place and feel free to share as much or as little as you feel comfortable with.

:notalone:

Hi Lily.

Welcome to AS!  I hope you find that this is a great place and that we are a supportive bunch and there is always, always someone willing to lend an ear, a shoulder, a virtual tissue, whatever it is you need the most. :) 

We are all on the same journey, it looks like!  

Looking forward to getting to know you.

Capulet

5 hours ago, LilyB70 said:

I have been looking for a safe place like this for a while, wasn't ready up till now may. The first 16 or so years it was buried deep. occasionally it would surface but would go away quickly for various reasons...and then it started to bubble up and fester. The last two years have been a roller coaster emotionally, psychologically. I feel I have lost many friends and support, have missed or sabotaged many opportunities.  Im stuck. I want to move out of this place in my head. I want to heal my long ignored wounds. I want to reconnect with the 27 year old me that I abandoned. 

Hi LilyB,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you experienced and buried. I can relate to that, many of us can. You will find tons of support from understanding and supportive members on this site. I am very glad you found us and felt ready to face this. It does take courage to reach out, so I do acknowledge this fact about you. I wish you the very best as you start your journey of healing.

Mary

:youcanheal:

Thank you all all for the kind, encouraging words and warm welcome. Reading your messages has had a soothing therapeutic effect on me, I can tell I found the right place  

I am having trouble finding where the "share your story" board is. Any tips or guidance greatly appreciated. 

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:04 PM, LilyB70 said:

Thank you all all for the kind, encouraging words and warm welcome. Reading your messages has had a soothing therapeutic effect on me, I can tell I found the right place  

I am having trouble finding where the "share your story" board is. Any tips or guidance greatly appreciated. 

Hi LilyB70 welcome! I'm glad you feel you're in the right place :)

The Share Your Story forum is accessible when you reach a total of 10 posts made, whether you start a topic or reply to a topic. I can understand the need to share and connect, and it's easy to reach 10 posts. I see that you've got 3 posts made already so only a few more to go. One area of the board you can post a lot while getting a feel for this site is if you like games, you can post in Humor and Silliness forum. If you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me or any member of the Newbie Support Team

On November 8, 2017 at 2:50 PM, LilyB70 said:

Hello Lily,

Welcome to AS!  I'm sorry for what you've endured.  You will find support here.  That roller coaster ride is a tough one to get off of.  It takes time.  Wishing you the best on your healing journey.  Just know you're not alone here

PB

On 11/13/2017 at 4:13 AM, fallenstar said:

Hi LilyB70 welcome! I'm glad you feel you're in the right place :)

The Share Your Story forum is accessible when you reach a total of 10 posts made, whether you start a topic or reply to a topic. I can understand the need to share and connect, and it's easy to reach 10 posts. I see that you've got 3 posts made already so only a few more to go. One area of the board you can post a lot while getting a feel for this site is if you like games, you can post in Humor and Silliness forum. If you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me or any member of the Newbie Support Team

@fallenstar thanks for the info! Still getting the hang of this. Have a great day :)

• 1 month later...

HI there. Welcome to AS. Very nice to meet you. I pray you find what you need and make fab friends. My name is ~FOUND~