Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New

Aalen

Hello everyone my name is Aalen (pronounced Allen). I am a survivor of years of rape, incest, metal and psychical abuse by my family. I have spent years trying to pretend like i was normal and be everything that was expected of me even with the daily abuse that was forced on me. I am now to a point in my life where things are finally starting to look up for me and my life so i have decided to try and begin to deal with everything so maybe finally i can live a happy life! 

Hi @Aalen and welcome to AS, although I'm sorry for the reasons that brought you here. 

I am glad you are at a point where things are starting to look up for you, and you have found a safe, supportive community with whom to share your thoughts and feelings. I think some of us here can relate to pretending to be 'normal' despite everything, and I'm sorry you had to live that way to survive. 

Please take your time finding your way around the site, and feel free to share as much or as little as you like, at a pace that feels right for you.

:notalone::aswelcomesu:

Hello Aalen, that's a unique spelling of your name.  It's nice to meet you.  Welcome to AS!  We are a very supportive bunch and we look forward to getting to know you.

Capulet

Thank you all for your worm welcomes! I must say it is very nice to finally have a place i can come and fee free to open up without fear of backlash. I am not very well versed in internet conversations but was wondering where to find maybe a chat room where we meet and talk? I am open to suggestions please.

Hi Aalen,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry for all the trauma you have endured, but you have found a really supportive site with many understanding members. It is never right for anyone to hurt another this way, especially family members. They should have loved and looked out for you. I takes a ton of courage to face what you went thru, so for this I acknowledge you. I think you do have the right idea about how you can share and put a voice to what you need to say, without pressure or judgement. It is one of the best things about our site.

Unfortunately, our Chat Room is currently closed. Do to server limitations and costs, administration had to shut it down for now. They are working hared to find other options, but it has been a slow process. I do hope we will re-open sometime in the near future. I'm not sure of other places that offer chat that would have a survivor's type theme. We do currently have a reply post that has been running in place of chat. It's not as live time as chat, but it is an option. I placed the link below, if you would like to take a look.

I do wish you the best on your journey of healing.

Mary

http://www.aftersilence.org/forum/index.php?/topic/122326-chat-here-while-chat-is-down/&page=48

:supportu:

@Aalen hello and welcome to AS! I am sorry for the trauma you have endured that brought you too us. Most everyone here has experienced trauma and can relate to and support you. Take you time to look around and meet people I hope you find us to be as I see it a big family from all over the world.

• 1 month later...

HI there. 
Welcome to AS. 
Very nice to meet you. 
I pray you find what you need and make fab friends. 
My name is ~FOUND~