Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hey

Pie11

Hi everyone, I've been reading other intros while waiting to get accepted and it's been oddly refreshing reading things from other people who have been through something similar.

I've been in denial about what happened, I think I still might be slightly as I'm still having a difficult time labelling it, but I had a friend get me intoxicated to take my virginity. It was last year, and I felt wrong immediately, shortly after falling into a depression but I couldn't understand why. He never hurt me physically, but he held me down when I struggled and never talked to me or asked me before doing anything. 

All of these Hollywood accusations have made me start reflecting on what happened and have made me see some things differently, so I'm hoping to start coming to terms with what actually happened and how to move on from it.

Hi Pie,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for what you went thru, and tho you have trouble labeling it, please know what happened and what he did to you was wrong. Please no, it was not your fault. I think many of us start with that feeling of what did we do to deserve this or what did I do wrong. There are many ways to say no, and you did. I am glad you have been reading thru some of the other posts. It really gives one an idea of how not alone they are. I know that is how I felt coming here, almost three years ago. You will find our members do understand and are so very kind. It is a big step to reach out to us and I wish you so many more forward steps on your healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

Welcome to AS @Pie11. I am so very sorry for what happened to you. I am glad you have rewd through some of the other welcome post. I wish I would have done the same. Hope you find AS to be a safe place full of others who are caring and supportive. Take your time getting to know the site share as little or as much as you want. There is healing in time.

One

Hi Pie11, welcome to AS :flowers:

I am glad you read through some other welcome posts and felt like you could take the step of saying hello too. I think social media can stir up a lot of feelings for people and I know that's what landed me here a few years ago, the questioning.  I hope you will find you can explore here your feelings and thoughts about what happened. It doesn't sound to me like it was consensual from what you wrote, and I'm sorry this happened to you. :notalone:

• 1 month later...

HI there. 
Welcome to AS. 
Very nice to meet you. 
I pray you find what you need and make fab friends. 
My name is ~FOUND~