Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi I'm Chris

Chris13

Hi I'm Chris

I was rape, abused and blacked mail from the age of 14 to 21 by different men. I still haven't had the courage to tell my family and friends about, because I'm scared. I'm hoping this site helps me build enough strength.

HI Chris welcome to AS.  I am sorry for what happened to you. It can be hard to share this,especially with family.  You made a big step in coming here and sharing. That is a big step and brave. I hope you know you did nothing wrong, we so often feel it's our fault.  You will find this site to be very supportive and we are here for you. Take gentle care of your self, you made a big step today and it can be exhausting.

Patricia

Hi Chris.

Welcome to AS. I am so very sorry for all the trauma you have endured. It is hard to speak out, I know. It has been many years for me, but I have never told my family. I gave a brief version to two different friends. Otherwise, this site has been amazing to allow me to use my voice. Patricia is right, you did nothing wrong, and hope you know this. Nobody has this right and nobody can justify the abuse you've endured. Take a look around and when you are ready, our kind and understanding members will be ready to hear you. You are not alone. I wish you the very best as you navigate down your healing path.

Mary

:notalone:

Hi @Chris13 and welcome to AS. I am so sorry to hear about what happened to you when you were young. You did nothing to deserve that. I had to take some time to respond because your post it a little close to home for me, I can relate to the not telling family and friends because your scared. Your not alone and your among people that can relate and that truely care. Anyways welcome to AS.

One

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2017 at 2:45 PM, Chris13 said:

Hi I'm Chris

I was rape, abused and blacked mail from the age of 14 to 21 by different men. I still haven't had the courage to tell my family and friends about, because I'm scared. I'm hoping this site helps me build enough strength.

Hello Chris,

i am so sorry for all that was endured to you sir!  You will find your not alone here and will all the support you need.  Best wishes on your healing journey.  

PB

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

HI there. 
Welcome to AS. 
Very nice to meet you. 
I pray you find what you need and make fab friends. 
My name is ~FOUND~