Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello New here

Hi everyone,

I am glad I can find a place to talk with people that understand. It is amazing to see how many people are part of this. It is very sad in a way. It is so wrong that we had to experience this. I was raped by my ex husband, boyfriend and then a complete stranger. The stranger hurt me the most. He was an uber driver. I think he drugged my friend and I. We were in San Diego for a domestic violence retreat. He knew that and I think he took advantage of our vulnerability. I could not make sound judgement. I wanted him out of our hotel room but I remember just laying down and falling asleep. Next I knew it, he was on top of me. I froze. I did not know if I was dreaming or not. When I came too I burst in tears. He says I was all over him. What a liar. That is hard when I hardly made any contact with him all night and was sleeping. I know I was sleeping in the bed. I burst into tears and rolled in a ball. I knew I should have called the cops, but I was froozen. I thought it was my fault. I did it. He got into my thinking. I now know the truth. 

Hi, welcome to AS. There are wonderful people here who are very supportive. I am so sorry you experienced these terrible things. The uber driver is reprehensible. I am glad you realize it was not your fault. 

Hi Btwsurvivorthriver,

Welcome to AS.  I am very sorry for the trauma you have suffered, but you have found a very supportive site. You are correct, there is an understanding here that we all share. It is sad, but we know we do not walk alone, which would be sadder yet, if we were. I'm sorry about all three times, but especially the one that hurt you the most. You are right, most of these jerks prey on vulnerability. It's not right. Do know you are not alone with freezing and not reporting. Unfortunately, both are common reactions of survivors. I'm glad you know the truth. They can destort thinking, but is never the abused person's fault. Blame solely goes to those monsters. I wish you the best on your journey of healing. 

Mary

:notalone:

3 hours ago, Btssurvivorthriver said:

Hi everyone,

I am glad I can find a place to talk with people that understand. It is amazing to see how many people are part of this. It is very sad in a way. It is so wrong that we had to experience this. I was raped by my ex husband, boyfriend and then a complete stranger. The stranger hurt me the most. He was an uber driver. I think he drugged my friend and I. We were in San Diego for a domestic violence retreat. He knew that and I think he took advantage of our vulnerability. I could not make sound judgement. I wanted him out of our hotel room but I remember just laying down and falling asleep. Next I knew it, he was on top of me. I froze. I did not know if I was dreaming or not. When I came too I burst in tears. He says I was all over him. What a liar. That is hard when I hardly made any contact with him all night and was sleeping. I know I was sleeping in the bed. I burst into tears and rolled in a ball. I knew I should have called the cops, but I was froozen. I thought it was my fault. I did it. He got into my thinking. I now know the truth. 

Hi. I'm am very sorry that happened to you. I really don't have words. I am just so sorry. Welcome to as

Hello @Btssurvivorthriver and welcome to AS. I am so sorry for all the trauma that brought you here. You are so much more then your past. Lots of people here on AS that have simalar experiences and we all come together and share and support and care about and for one another. Your not alone and you can heal.

One

Welcome to AS, @Btssurvivorthriver!!!!

You are so right, it is sad to see just how many people are among us and how many have been affected by sexual trauma. :(

But on the upside, it is the reason that AS is filled to the brim with wonderful people who understand and is a safe haven to come to as you heal.  

Glad to meet you, I'm Cappy, I just recently returned from a hiatus, myself.

Wishing you all the best, 

Capulet

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2017 at 8:00 PM, Btssurvivorthriver said:

Hi everyone,

Welcome to AS!  I’m so sorry for all you’ve endured.  I do hope you being here will help you through this difficult time.  Here you will find a lot of support and many who may relate.  Best wishes on your healing journey! 

PB

• 1 month later...

HI there. 
Welcome to AS. 
Very nice to meet you. 
I pray you find what you need and make fab friends. 
My name is ~FOUND~