Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Dipping my toe...

Hi everyone, 

Just looking for a comforting place where I can speak freely without the awkward cringes or condescending back pats that usually accompany these delicate topics.

Survivor, advocate, sick of the taboo.

I want to help others out there who are struggling with the same thing I went through. I have begun writing a book in the hopes that I can reach some of my fellow warriors and breakdown certain taboos and stereotypes to open up more honest and unabashed conversations regarding sexual abuse. 

10 hours ago, Random24 said:

Hi everyone, 

Just looking for a comforting place where I can speak freely without the awkward cringes or condescending back pats that usually accompany these delicate topics.

Survivor, advocate, sick of the taboo.

I want to help others out there who are struggling with the same thing I went through. I have begun writing a book in the hopes that I can reach some of my fellow warriors and breakdown certain taboos and stereotypes to open up more honest and unabashed conversations regarding sexual abuse. 

Hi Random.

Welcome to AS. I am sorry for the trauma you have endured, but you will find plenty of support. You will definitely be able to speak freely, without judgment or awkwardness. Receiving support and giving support is what we do here, so your willingness to be on both ends will be appreciated. I wish you the best on your book and your healing journey.

Mary

:supportu:

Hello  Random24, welcome to AS!

I agree with your dislike of the taboo, it would be beneficial to all if society were more open to unabashed discussions. I also dislike it when people treat me differently or tiptoe around me because I've told them a bit about my history. I hope your book writing goes well,  and I think you'll find that because we are all survivors here, that awkwardness doesn't really come up, you can speak freely and be heard in a respectful way. :aswelcomesu:

Welcome to AS Random24. Im sorry for the trauma that brought you here but you are among friends here amd none of us will give you the gawking eyes because what you need to discuss is taboo. Writing a book sounds like a good way to change our society. 

Thank you so much everyone!! It’s nice to be amongst like minded people. 

A couple of questions first up: from a survivors perspective, would reading the journey another survivor has gone through, help you deal with your own healing process? 

Also, I’m concerned about the repercussions this sort of expose will have for my family and friends, especially those that it involved as well. Should I focus this from an anonymous POV, write it out like a fiction story, or just go all in but change names?? 

#TheDevilsInTheDetails 

Trigger warning: 

Yeah what is up with the back pats? Tw: my uncle went to my court case. He acted like it was like attending a theater play. He said it was fascinating learning how the court works. But unfortunate circumstances in condescending way.

Unfortunate?? That's an understatement. Rape is worse than murder. Sheesh. I don't know why he is acting like that

Edited by GaleH
  • 1 month later...

HI there. 
Welcome to AS. 
Very nice to meet you. 
I pray you find what you need and make fab friends. 
My name is ~FOUND~