Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

heyy

i've had an account here for a while, but i've only just now been able to muster the gumption to post anything. my name is sam, i'm a trans guy, and i'm 21 in two weeks.

i have a therapist with whom i'm working through some issues relating to an eating disorder and ocd, but i'm having trouble bringing up to her my history of ptsd and the things that caused it. i've never, ever described anything in detail or told anyone in real life and i'm having a lot of anxiety over it. any help there would be greatly appreciated!

it's good to meet you guys and i hope you're all doing well <3

Hello! It's nice to meet you and I hope you find the support you're looking for. Bringing up my abuse with my therapist was difficult for me, but, I felt so much better after I did it. I hope you can someday tell your therapist about your history.  

3 hours ago, realsheeps said:

i've had an account here for a while, but i've only just now been able to muster the gumption to post anything. my name is sam, i'm a trans guy, and i'm 21 in two weeks.

i have a therapist with whom i'm working through some issues relating to an eating disorder and ocd, but i'm having trouble bringing up to her my history of ptsd and the things that caused it. i've never, ever described anything in detail or told anyone in real life and i'm having a lot of anxiety over it. any help there would be greatly appreciated!

it's good to meet you guys and i hope you're all doing well <3

HI realsheeps and welcome to AS.  I am sorry for the pain that brought you here. I have battled eating disorders in the past, it has been years since I have gone down that path.

Sometimes it may help in the beginning to write down what you want to say to your T, you could read it her or him. Or you can ask them to read it and talk about it in the next session.

We are here for you,  and glad you said HI.

Patricia

Hi Sam, welcome to AS. Maybe your anxiety will lessen as you build trust in your relationship with your T. I wish you all the best on your healing journey and welcome again.

Hi Sam,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you've endured and the struggles you now face. Being hurt like this is never fair, nor right. You have found a very supportive site, tho. You are accepted and not alone. It takes courage to reach out, so this I do acknowledge. It is another step in this healing journey. Take your time and look around. When you are ready and are comfortable, we are here for you. I wish you the very best on continuing your healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

@realsheeps welcome to as. You have been through so much! You are making strides to opening up, posting this was a huge step. Congrats! I'm very sorry for what brought you here, but I'm glad that you've joined. I feel like you'll be able to talk to your t about the abuse after you become more comfortable sharing even vague feelings and emotions and random ventings with us. It's really hard to talk about thisso don't beat yourself up about it. You're doing the best you can. When you, your body, and brain are ready to confront it and talk about it then it will come. So many safe hugs is that's okay, Sam.

Hi Sam, welcome to AS! It's brave of you to post here, to take that step, and it might mean you are a little more ready to open up.  It is very hard to talk about it the first time. After that it gets a little easier, especially if you develop a trusting relationship with your T.   Sometimes I write here about things I might want to say to my T and the supportive and validating responses have helped me open up outside to others.  I wish you all the best on your journey

• 1 month later...

HI there. 
Welcome to AS. 
Very nice to meet you. 
I pray you find what you need and make fab friends. 
My name is ~FOUND~